10 months- 35 pounds gone

Options
While I'm not quite "done" yet, I hit my goal weight and I'm feeling good about myself, so I'm going to post my pics finally :)

Starting weight = 166
Current Weight = 131

I started all this back on 4/30/13 after noticing a whole new set of stretch marks. I couldn't handle it any more. I have a 3 year old daughter and I want her to see a healthy mother. My problem? I love food. Love it. And not good food, really. I grew up on your typical midwestern meat and potatoes diet. Looking back, I've realized that I was eating between 2300 and 3000 calories on a daily basis while working a mostly sedentary job. I'm shocked I didn't weigh more, honestly.

This is what I looked like on day 1:

yuck_zps06e4085b.png

I signed up for Bar Method and did that 5 days per week for about 5 months. This is when I dropped the first 20 pounds. I transferred offices at work in September and that's when I joined Orange Theory (calisthenics/weights/cardio class) and dropped another 15 lbs between then and now. Not relapsing through the holidays was HUGE for me. In the past 2 months I've started lifting heavier weights and while the weight loss has mostly stopped, my figure has definitely improved!

This is my first progress pic (I had lost about 5 pounds by the time I thought to take a pic) and a pic I took last night after I tried on a 10 year old bikini!

10months_zpsac0dfe9b.png

I'm about to start stronglifts and I just bought a new pair of rollerblades- I'd like to keep working on muscles and definition, but I am totally happy about what I've done in the last 10 months!!

Replies

• Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! 10 months of hard work and you have loads to show for it. Keep up the good work!
  • lvmamaduke
    lvmamaduke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! I started at 167 and hope to get down to your current weight! Thanks for sharing!
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I forgot to put the face comparison in- I think it's my fave part!

Facecomparison_zpsd2dfe5c0.png
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Looking fantastic !!!! :) Congrats on all of your hard work and dedication !!
  • TheArmindiaBug
    TheArmindiaBug Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! You talk about your fitness changes in your post. What about diet changes. What has been the hardest habit you have broken and how did you do it?
  • proud of you!!! That's awesome progress~!!!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment!
  • ChasingMyBliss
    ChasingMyBliss Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Nice work! It is so great to see that people are accomplishing their goals. And it doesn't happen quickly, but with dedication, you can get there. Thanks for sharing.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Great job!!!
  • xMermaidx
    xMermaidx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing! Congratulations! That 10 year old bikini is looking good on you!
  • Tofteberg
    Tofteberg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Love the face pics. I get so focused on my muffin top reduction that I forget to look at the rest of me. Your face pics inspired me to look up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!