i need some help about..

Options
hello everyone
im new here and i would like to thank everyone who is going to help me clear some think in advance!
so i would like to now:
im 56 kg and i need to lose 6 kg
lets say i lose 0,5 kg per week by restricting my daily calories
but what if i excersise every day (one day rest per week) and burn 200 calories (but my daily calories are the same but -200)
for 10 months (for example).
so if i do this.. will i have lost 10 kg in 10 months??
also if i do loose them ..then if i stop exersize
not suddenly but slowly reducing the days i work out will i gain back what i will have lost by then?

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Read this...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet?hl=short+sweet+<span class=

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

And most definitely read this!!!
    http://www.vicmagary.com/blog/fitness-motivation/#comment-10883

Why stop exercising when you've reached your goal weight?
    Whatever changes you make they need to be lifestyle changes, not just "until I reach my goal weight" changes. Anytime you just do things until your goal and then stop, you'll more than likely gain it back.
  • sb091
    sb091 Posts: 3
    Options
    i said 10 kg in 10 months
    because
    per day -200g --> 7x200=1400
    so for a month --> 4x1400= 5.600 ( i know its not a kg but its close)
    --> 5600x10=56000/7000=8 kg
  • sb091
    sb091 Posts: 3
    Options
    what if i just reduce the days and not stop??
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    When you reach goal weight, and you want to keep exercising, you will just be eating a little bit more. You will be eating at "maintenance" calories to maintain weight, not eating at a calorie deficit to lose weight.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Your body needs a certain amount of calories to maintain its weight. If you want to lose 10kg in 10 months, you will need to adjust your calories forever to what the maintenance would be for the new weight. If you eat 3000 calories right now, but your goal weight only needs 2053, you cannot start eating 3000 again just because you got to your desired weight, you will gain it all back until you are a weight that requires 3000 a day to maintain. You cannot eat more calories than your body needs without gaining weight. If you want to eat more, exercise and eat back the exercise calories. If you keep doing that and then stop exercising, you will have stopped burning the extra calories and will have to eat less or gain the weight back. Those are your only options. That is why people are suggesting you make a lifestyle change forever, because that is the only way to keep the weight off.
  • helenharris7739
    helenharris7739 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hello I need some help please I'm Helen when I started I was 69.5kg and they put me on 1970cal that's too many I was doing 1200cal I lost some now my weight all over ...How can I get my cais drop down Helen
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    hello I need some help please I'm Helen when I started I was 69.5kg and they put me on 1970cal that's too many I was doing 1200cal I lost some now my weight all over ...How can I get my cais drop down Helen

Set MFP to lose 1 pound per week. Make sure you choose the appropriate activity level for your daily life (not including exercise, just your job, daily routine, etc)

How many calories does it tell you to eat?
  • Patty1015A
    Patty1015A Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • helenharris7739
    helenharris7739 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking the time answer my question know I will go back and see how I can change my goal thank you Helen:flowerforyou: