Finding myself and my waist.

Options
Hi! My name is Amy.
I have been a member on this site for a little while, but never posted a topic. I have read through some of the messages others of you have left, and you all seem so positive and upbeat! It's very motivating!
I was doing really well for awhile - going to the gym 6 times a week and tracking everything I ate on this site, and then something changed and I have been lethargic and lazy (one word I want to remove from my vocabulary), and I haven't been to the gym in two months, and I started bingeing every other day. :sad:
I only just very recently decided to try again. I knew when I was doing well, everyone was so forward about how good I was looking and I felt absolutely wonderful!
I'm finally introducing myself to all of you because after reading your posts, I could really use some motivation and friendships to help me strive toward my goals, and you all seem to be in the right frame of mind to support others and receive support! This is something I think I am finally ready to ask for - I've been going it alone for too long and it just hasn't been working for me. I would love to discuss anything with any of you! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    Hi! My name is Amy.
    I have been a member on this site for a little while, but never posted a topic. I have read through some of the messages others of you have left, and you all seem so positive and upbeat! It's very motivating!
    I was doing really well for awhile - going to the gym 6 times a week and tracking everything I ate on this site, and then something changed and I have been lethargic and lazy (one word I want to remove from my vocabulary), and I haven't been to the gym in two months, and I started bingeing every other day. :sad:
    I only just very recently decided to try again. I knew when I was doing well, everyone was so forward about how good I was looking and I felt absolutely wonderful!
    I'm finally introducing myself to all of you because after reading your posts, I could really use some motivation and friendships to help me strive toward my goals, and you all seem to be in the right frame of mind to support others and receive support! This is something I think I am finally ready to ask for - I've been going it alone for too long and it just hasn't been working for me. I would love to discuss anything with any of you! :flowerforyou:
  • crystalee
    crystalee Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome Amy! Everyone here is so supportive and helpful, if you have questions be sure to ask because someone is bound to have an answer! You have all the support in the world. :flowerforyou:
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    welcome to the message boards! we are all here for you!!!!!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • bodibykelli
    bodibykelli Posts: 135
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You CAN do this!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    Hello Amy!
    I never thought I would make a post or share my story but when you try it once, you're addicted to messaging because of all the great responses and motivation. Just like I'm addicted to MFP. So many stories relate to my struggles and I find myself writing to someone who is going through a similar situation and telling him/her exactly what I needed to hear to.
    We're worth it. We deserve to be healthy and happy!