Fitbit users

Options
I have a fit bit that I have been using since Christmas...I primarily walk as my form of exercise right now. I'm a little confused as the calories on the fit bit are not matching what's on mfp. Right now on mfp I'm -1 on calorie bc I haven't exercised yet. But on my fitbit it says I still have almost 300 calories left. First question, why is that? I have mfp and The fibit synced together. Second, should I stick with the fitbit or mfp as far as how many calories I consume? Any advice?? I'm open to suggestions, thanks!!

Replies

• chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You have the negative calorie enabled on MFP - you can fix this in the settings. I have noticed regardless that MFP and Fitbit always give me different calorie goals. I stick with MFP. When your TDEE changes through the day due to exercise your calorie goal will change on both accounts. You may get a burst on MFP if MFP under estimates your TDEE, you will get added calories from Fit bit here on MFP. If you have it set up on Fitbit for sedentary your calorie goal will change each time you sync your device.
  • lcarls71
    lcarls71 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    How do you sync FitBit with MFP?
  • scottsgirl4lyfe2004
    scottsgirl4lyfe2004 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    my calorie goal is different on both too i just go by here:)
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options

Go to the apps section of MFP and look for Fitbit - click connect and follow the prompts
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI, Fitbit Force is being recalled. https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/1425569
  • lcarls71
    lcarls71 Posts: 320 Member
    Options

Go to the apps section of MFP and look for Fitbit - click connect and follow the prompts

Thank you. :smile: