Getting back into the swing of things

Options
Hey, It's been quite a while since I exercised regularly and was motivated to eat good and feel good. I think life just brought me down, but I'm going to do better from now on! Any tips to help me stay motivated and not give up???

Replies

• LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    log everything u eat exercise at least 3 times week and find a true friend on here that is on daily to keep u motivated
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    Find a mantra that you can put up around your place. Yes, something written down that you'll see every day. As crazy as it sounds the one working for me right now is "Doing it for the Damn, You Got HOT!".

Lots behind that to include a real jerk of a husband (thankfully an ex now) who left me and our son on my birthday, so the added benefit of losing the weight and getting in shape (other than the non-revenge ones like being healthy for my son, being healthy for me, exercise being a great counter to depression, etc) is that the ex sees me weekly at child exchange time and knowing even if he appreciates how much better I'm looking without him, he'll never have me again. It's one of those "see what I was able to accomplish once you weren't in my life" attitudes.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    It's great that you're starting again. I don't feel like typing my post all over again, but here's a link to someone else I responded to asking a similar question.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1227413-help-finding-motivation
  • nuttynat11834
    Options
    Thanks! I guess I just need to find a reason to keep me motivated and not give up on exercising:)