Is my Timex WR 30M HRM accurate?

Options
Idk, I thought it was pretty accurate but I just read some posts about how Timexs are generally high on their calorie count and now I'm concerned that I'm not calculating things properly. For example, today I did Les Mills Pump Extreme, 58 minutes, and it said I burned 480 calories. Then I also did P90X3 Upper Eccentric and it said I burned 270 calories. Does that sound about right? I've done Insanity in the past, the 1st months workouts that are between 35-40 minutes in length, where I generally burned between 350-450. That seems about right to me, no? I don't ever get any crazy readings that are up in the 800s for like an hours' worth of work, like some claim in the posts...Do my numbers seem pretty accurate or not?

Replies

• angelovearth
    Options
    Anyone???
  • lttappenn
    lttappenn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Those numbers sound reasonable to me. If you take your average heart rate for the workout, you can google calories burned based on heart rate and find a calculator that will give you an estimate also, just to ease your mind. I am currently using a Reebok hrm and I think that it calculates higher than my Polar did, so I always subtract a little from it to be on the safe side.
  • angelovearth
    Options
    Thank you!