New here

Options
I have been successful in the past at losing weight, lost 30 lbs thus past Fall, but gained it back. Many years ago when I only needed to lose 40lbs I did do successfully. These days my age makes losing more difficult, as do my physical limitations.

I have maintained my current weight for a few years with only minor flucuation...no more than 1 or 2 lbs.

I have insulin dependent diabetes which I never see myself stopping the insulin. I don't use a lot daily, 10 units Lantus in the morning and 6 units of Novolog before meals. My A1c averages in the low 6%...last couple of weeks ago, 6.4. I also have Gastrophesis, severe GERD which requires meds a minimum of two times a day, including prior to bedtime, Parkinson's disease (1994), and hypothyroid (1989) which requires a very high amount of Synthroid, 1,500 micrograms per week. Yes, that is correct.

I was referred to this site by someone who successfully lost 165 lbs and uses the site for maintainence, and to stay away for those stress foods.

I have no support system, so I am looking to the community and the tools provided for my support.

Replies

• DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I know that doing this on your own can be quite difficult at times.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Good luck, you got this!