abdominal jelly-belly

Options
:sad: :angry: after working out with a personal trainer for 3 years and now trying to realign my eating habits---I have yet to loose my pouch from having two children---I am type 2 diabetic, 47 years old, and had my last child 13 years ago---- I have had enough of people telling me the reasons why I can't or won't loose it---I need reasons and solutions of how I CAN
HELP!! (please)

Replies

• swoodcock
    Options
    :sad: :angry: after working out with a personal trainer for 3 years and now trying to realign my eating habits---I have yet to loose my pouch from having two children---I am type 2 diabetic, 47 years old, and had my last child 13 years ago---- I have had enough of people telling me the reasons why I can't or won't loose it---I need reasons and solutions of how I CAN
    HELP!! (please)
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    What does your trainer say??
  • swoodcock
    swoodcock Posts: 3
    Options
    My trainer says most of what I wrote---because of my age, being diabetic and having a c-section--they are all odds going against me---but I find it hard to believe that people who are 100 to 200 hundred pounds overweight can at some point loose their belly fat. My trainer tells me I have an inner six pack because of the years and time that I have put into doing abs----I WANT A SHOW OFF SIX PACK I CAN BE PROUD OF!! (something that shows all my hard work)
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm 35 and have a 3 and 4 1/2 yr old
    I've been on this site for a few months and have lost 24 pounds and I still have a JELLY BELLY
    I wish I had some words of advice...I guess if the skin is stretched out, only diet/exc can do so much?
    I've seen woman on TV getting tummy tucks that are a size 2-4 and have very loose bellies...

Sorry :(((

kIm
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Bellydance will tighten it all up for you...plus it is just so much fun!
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the pleasure of carrying a child yet, but I'm already preparing myself for what changes that preganacy and childbirth may bring. There are some women who are incredibly fortunate to bounce back to slim, tight bodies and bellys. But a majority of women's bodies are forever changed internally and externally. It just may be a fact that some of the skin and muscle of your abdomin may never shrink back to a smooth, flat 6 pack, no matter how much cardio or ab exercises you do! As mentioned before sometimes even tiny little fit women have this troublesome belly. Sometimes surgery is the only thing that can make this disappear. I am NOT suggesting that you need to have plastic surgery. I am only repeating what I have read, seen on tv, and have witnessed with close freinds and family.
    Keep doing what you are doing, eating healthy and exercising, to be at the best health and fitness level you can be. And if you so chose to take the surgical option then go ahead and do what makes you feel best.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    sorry to say this but your trainer is right, there are surgical options but thats about it. Cardio burns fat, but it sounds like what you're stuck with is the loose floppy skin that pregnancy (and obesity) can bring. Just work hard and be proud that that "jelly" is the result of your beautiful, perfect little ones! I don't have kids yet, and part of me dreads what it will do to my body, but most of me knows that the gift you get is worth way more than what you lose. :flowerforyou:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    be proud that that "jelly" is the result of your beautiful, perfect little ones!

I agree, do what you can do with exercise, and accept the rest. I have serious stretch marks on my thighs and belly. However, what am I going to do? I can be proud that my body created a beautiful baby, I guess, and not stress.
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    I have had enough of people telling me the reasons why I can't or won't loose it

I am the same way sister!!! i refuse to accept someone telling me I can't, I'm stubborn that way. I went for a consultation once for a tummy tuck, just to see and the Dr. said"You have great abs!WOW!" and I was like I do? It made me feel a little better at least knowing they were actually there. I did feel like having a t shirt made that said someting like"Underneath this jelly belly is a 6 pack of rock hard abs, no really"
    It is soooo hard to see celebs on TV who have had 2 or 3 babies and then in 2-3 months later they look like they never had babies, it's sick!!! I think if they can do it by hell or high water I can too! Yet, sagging skin taunts me every moring.:grumble:
    The celebrities, even though they claim they haven't had surgery, most likely have, or they are air brushed and then there's always Spanx!