new here 37y female diabetic, high blood pressure

Hello; I know I need to lose weight and have for awhile now....but don't have the willpower, and I love food...I eat always, boredom, stress, depression, happiness, sadness, celebrate any reason to find.............I hate cooking so the fastest I can get out of the kitchen the better.....ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

CC from AR

Replies

• meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    don't ever say you don't have the willpower. decide you have to take care of it and do it. when you say from the get go that you have no willpower you're just setting yourself up for failure.

My dad has diabetes and his weight and poor eating habits that he has carried through life have left him on dialysis and now I have to give him a kidney... which is why I've had to lose weight. Hopefully it will keep me from ending up in his position down the road despite only having 1 functioning kidney to get me through the rest of my life. If you don't want to end up in this kind of situation it's best to get control of it now. No love of a favourite snack or habit of eating to fill some need other than hunger is worth being stuck on dialysis and eventually dying of kidney failure before your time, or ending up with gout or glaucoma or some other diabetes related disease. You can do it. You have to tell yourself that before it will work though.
  • mstripes
    mstripes Posts: 151 Member
    CC, I have type 2. i ride a bicycle for exercise almost every chance I get. You can do this. You have to want to lose weight more than you want the short term pleasure of food. I know that it is very hard to lose just one pound and find motivation in that. I was honest in my profile and because of that my before exercise daily goal is only 1410 calories. That is hard but the end results are so worth it. I have enjoyed better health because of the weight I have already lost. I'm so looking forward to where I'm going. You can do it as well. Keep a positive attitude. Make a plan. Gather a support group here or elsewhere and make yourself accountable for your eating decisions. Live life from victory to victory however small. Start with a daily goal and work up. You can do it.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Hiya,

I am 36, type II, High Blood Pressure and Fibromyalgia!

If I can lose 7.3kg in 6 weeks, through change of diet and 30 mins of exercise daily, so can you!!

We have a long road ahead of us but add me if you want an Aussie buddy!!
  • We often learn to use food to take care of emotions such as boredom, happiness, feeling sad, etc. We can learn other ways to take care of those emotions without using food, and that's going to help us lose weight plus feel better overall. It's often helpful to stop whenever you want to eat and ask yourself: what do I really want right now? If food and eating isn't an option, what can I do to truly address what I'm feeling? As you've heard from others, it really is possible to make changes. ~Lynn /Glucerna