Late night sitting here thinking about weight loss..

Options
djroy
djroy Posts: 14 Member
So, I thought about going to bed.. but, I also thought about weight loss. I need to lose weight. I just keep putting it off. I'll login here every few months.. feel really good about it for a few days and then I'll just stop coming back. I don't know why. Lazy? Lack of initiative or motivation? Anyone else up tonight feeling this type of way...

-Daniel

Replies

• Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Feeling it but then I read these posts and remember its a lot about seeing where you want to be not where you are now---I just know the number going down is a good direction slowly getting there slowly time goes but really I just can't live in a body that I don't like. It is one life to be lived in this world I want to make it my best life no excuses no turning back just do it now because you can...goodnight
  • SMILE713
    SMILE713 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    SAME HEAR EVEN FEELING MAD AT MY SELF FOR NOT CONTINUING. BUT SO FAR I DID GOOD TODAY.
  • magica_
    magica_ Posts: 7
    Options
    Yeah, I tend to go in a cycle where I'll get motivated to lose weight and I'll continue with it for awhile and end up with no more than 10lbs lost, then I'll just give up and then later I'll gain that weight back plus more and I get depressed... and eventually the cycle starts again. I just wish for once I could even lose more than 10lbs at a time, let alone achieve my actual goal.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I never log out...I wake up and my computer is open to this page...or it's on my phone logged in all the time.

Part of the issue I find it people look at this as a diet...it's not.

The key is to set reasonable goals...eat at a reasonable deficet....don't stop eating the food you love/crave/want just eat it in smaller portions.

View it as how you will live the rest of your life....eventually those smaller portions increase as you hit maitenance.

Motivation comes from within...you have to want it bad enough to log your food everyday.

Find your reasons for wanting to lose...health? kids? look better...whatever it is and keep an eye on that goal...
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I never log out...I wake up and my computer is open to this page...or it's on my phone logged in all the time.

The key is to set reasonable goals...eat at a reasonable deficet....don't stop eating the food you love/crave/want just eat it in smaller portions.

View it as how you will live the rest of your life....eventually those smaller portions increase as you hit maitenance.

Motivation comes from within...you have to want it bad enough to log your food everyday.

Find your reasons for wanting to lose...health? kids? look better...whatever it is and keep an eye on that goal...

All this!

In prior years when I would come to this site and login, I was not really motivated and was looking at it as a diet. Usually I would get panicked because bathing suit season was coming around and I would want to get the weight off. I wasn't ready to put in the "work" required though, so I always failed and got really discouraged.

This time around I look at it as a lifestyle change. I do not want to have to go through the weight loss phase again, so I plan to lose the weight in a slow manageable way without losing the food items that I know I am going to eat again. It's finally not a "diet" for me, but a change in my overall diet and lifestyle.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options

^^ this :-D totally agree :)
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    It is tedious at times to log your food every day, but it is also tedious to brush your teeth, comb your hair, shower, etc. You just have to make it one of those things that are mandatory and not optional!
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I do the same. I have to keep it on the fore front of my mind or I allow myself to get busy and not make it a priority. Get some friends on here to help you stay accountable until it becomes a habit. That is what I am doing right now.
    :)