Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    No.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    Probably not the best idea to use your real first and last name in your username. Just saying. :smokin:

This. Heed this warning.

A simple search gleaned the information that "cell phones are a miracle of communication." Simultaneously, cars are a giant, tin deathtrap?

If one believes the hype, aren't cell phones just little cancer boxes?

Cell Phones are low powered Walkie Talkies which have been in use since World War 2.

And cars have been around for how long?
    Walkie Talkies have never killed anyone while cars are the leading cause of death upto age 36.

Cannot speak for anywhere else but deaths from car accidents where I live are actually dropping - now about a third of what they were 10 years ago.

The fact that car accidents are a leading cause of deaths in people under 36 is NOT due to increased risk with driving cars - it reflects the fact that other causes of deaths in young people have decreased so much - leading causes in the past such as TB, childbirth, vaccine preventable diseases, are all massively decreased from a hundred years ago.
  • NOMORECARS
    NOMORECARS Posts: 156
    Options
    No.
    ?
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm just beginning to try to lose weight, and I think that counting calories might just be more effort/more destructive or discouraging...thoughts?

You DO NOT NEED TO COUNT CALORIES. Eat as much as you can possibly stuff into yourself, just be sure that everything you eat is FOOD. You will be healthy beyond belief in several months. p.s. Doritos and Pepsi is not food. Stay out of bakeries, bakeries do not sell food. Candy stores do not sell food. 90% of your local supermarket shelves are filled with substances which are not food. People can never become obese by eating food.

^This is completely bonkers.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Still waiting for ideas on how to get around wihout a car in 30- weather----Bill, where'd you go? :smile:
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Source: Chelation Therapy

ricky-gervais-hysterical-laughter.gif
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    At least he was smart enough to change his username, although too little too late. Your YouTube video on free cell phone minutes was rather enlightening. As well as your Facebook. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Heatherybit
    Heatherybit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So the only thing I'm gaining from this thread is that toxins are fat soluble with no definition of the chemical breakdown of any toxin or even the actual definition of the term "toxin".

Right.

There are many Universities that allow people to audit bio-chem, organic chem, and med-chem as long as you don't take the labs. This might help a lot. Because some random post with no evidence, citations, or studies to substantiate an illogical claim should not be the foundation to your human biochemical understanding.

And for Chelation Therapy- it's for minerals in your blood. So how does it remove "toxins" from storage lipids? Oh yeah, and go ahead do chelation therapy if you want to be mineral deprived and unable to create red blood cells and urinate the minerals your body needs to function.

JEEEBUS!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I guess Bill has me muted...probably because of the irrefutable logic in my questions.
    Take 2 people with exactly the same diet and explain why the two of them are different people. This is your logic. I have no response.

I take great pride in my ability to ascertain the meaning in the most obscure of comments...

...but I sincerely have no idea what you're talking about with this post.
    You implied you lost weight by eating foods which are supposed to make you gain. If two people eat the same diet and one loses while the other gains, I cannot explain the reason for two people being different.

But there are *no* foods that are "supposed to make you gain".

There are substances such as high fructose corn syrup which are known to accelerate weight gain because they are metabolized differently from actual foods. Instead of deriving energy from them the body stores the energy as fat. Sugar promotes weight gain by stimulating insulin release which promotes fat storage. Many refined oils are foreign to the body so the body cannot use them for energy and stores the energy as fat. Energy in the form of calories may be all the same but the body can only use the energy in food, not food-like substances.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous these claims are? They're absolutely ludicrous on face and have no real basis in fact.

"...cannot use them for energy and stores the energy as fat." Seriously. Give that statement just a little bit of thought. Fat is not a special kind of energy. It's energy in excess of what the body needs. It has nothing to do with the source of the energy and everything to do with it exceeding energy needed.
    Toxins are Stored in Body Fat as Protection

Fat and water storage are your body's way of protecting you from poisonous toxins by diluting them and storing them in water and fat. This is often the reason why people can't lose weight.

The highly intelligent immune system will not allow the removal of excess fat and water if the level of toxins that is stored in the fat and water may put your life in jeopardy by their release into the bloodstream.

"It is an important further factor in the detoxification of the human body that substances can be stored in fatty tissues -- these substances being the ones that are dissolved by oil, rather than water."

"There are many other types of toxins that store in the fatty tissues. A few are excerpted below:

Some endocrine disrupting chemicals are persistent in the environment and bioaccumulate; they accumulate in the fatty tissue of organisms and increase in concentration as they move up through the food web. Because of their persistence and mobility, they accumulate in and harm species far from their original source.

POPs [persistent organic pollutants] accumulate exponentially in fatty tissue as they move up the food chain, such that concentrations can be 70,000 times the background levels in a top predator.

POPs are found in everything from paint to pesticides and remain in the environment for decades without breaking down. They are spread by winds and oceans, and have been found everywhere from Antarctica to remote areas of Canada. They accumulate in fatty tissue and have been blamed for disease and birth defects in humans and animals.

Second, the toxics bioaccumulate in the fatty tissue of animals, and are difficult or impossible to metabolize or excrete. Even minute amounts may have a major effect on wildlife as the toxics build up to a dangerous level over the lifetime of the animal.

Bioaccumulating in the food chain occurs when, for example, plankton which has absorbed toxic chemicals from the water is eaten by fish, which, after storing the toxics in fatty tissues, are then eaten by birds.

Because the birds are at the top of this food chain, they may over time accumulate levels of toxics which are thousands of times higher than those in their prey, which themselves were thousands of times higher than those in the plankton.

Many contaminants such as dioxins and PCBs have an affinity for fatty tissue.

Also see: "Toxic Chemicals that Store in Fatty Tissue"

Protein - Many people who go on weight loss programs greatly reduce their protein intake because of the association of protein and fat. This is a big mistake. Our muscle tissue is comprised of amino acids from protein. If you do not maintain adequate protein intake you will lose lean muscle tissue instead of body fat.

When the diet is finished, lean muscle tissue will not be replaced by lean muscle tissue. It will be replaced by body fat. That is why we see people yo-yo dieting and getting larger and larger each time. Daily protein intake should be between 50 - 75% of body weight in grams of protein per day.

As fat in the diet is decreased, the body gets less essential fatty acids which are necessary for many body functions and hormonal balance. Also the body will not release fat if there is a lack of essential fatty acids.

[yoovieblink.gif]
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options

ricky-gervais-hysterical-laughter.gif

Hi!!!!
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    As fat in the diet is decreased, the body gets less essential fatty acids which are necessary for many body functions and hormonal balance. Also the body will not release fat if there is a lack of essential fatty acids.

So what your saying is if someone is starving and lacking fatty acids, they will be fine because their body will break the laws of energy and create energy out of nowhere to just live. Releasing fat (energy stores) will be preserved if the body lacks fatty acid. Someone needs to tell the UN and WHO this info, this is the cure for human hunger and the next evolution in mankind.

Really it is all math. Calories are energy if you have extra your body banks them as fat, when you don't have enough your body uses the extra it has in storage. Many of the things mentioned like nutrition and staying full have zero to do with numerical weight loss, they do have a say in the humans ability to stick with it, be healthy and succeed.

I do agree with getting enough protein and fat to preserve lbm, but it is irrelevant when talking weight loss, it is a fitness concern.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm just beginning to try to lose weight, and I think that counting calories might just be more effort/more destructive or discouraging...thoughts?

You DO NOT NEED TO COUNT CALORIES. Eat as much as you can possibly stuff into yourself, just be sure that everything you eat is FOOD. You will be healthy beyond belief in several months. p.s. Doritos and Pepsi is not food. Stay out of bakeries, bakeries do not sell food. Candy stores do not sell food. 90% of your local supermarket shelves are filled with substances which are not food. People can never become obese by eating food.

Bread isn't food?

My bakery also sells chicken vegetable soup that they make themselves. That isn't food either?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

So what your saying is if someone is starving and lacking fatty acids, they will be fine because their body will break the laws of energy and create energy out of nowhere to just live. Releasing fat (energy stores) will be preserved if the body lacks fatty acid. Someone needs to tell the UN and WHO this info, this is the cure for human hunger and the next evolution in mankind.

Really it is all math. Calories are energy if you have extra your body banks them as fat, when you don't have enough your body uses the extra it has in storage. Many of the things mentioned like nutrition and staying full have zero to do with numerical weight loss, they do have a say in the humans ability to stick with it, be healthy and succeed.

I do agree with getting enough protein and fat to preserve lbm, but it is irrelevant when talking weight loss, it is a fitness concern.

Unless you drive a car, and then the equations become completely irrelevant...

...or at least that's what I learned recently.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

What has been your experience counting calories/tracking food intake?

What has been your experience not counting calories/tracking food intake?

Has one been more effective at helping you lose weight?

How much time has each taken per day?
  • _KitKat_
    Options

That is true, I have seen the car guy on many threads. The funny thing is if you look back on history before cars most people never traveled more than a couple miles from home, so it really is irrelevant. Unless of course you are talking about those damn people that have to hold me up so they can wait on a close parking space. They could afford to walk 50 yards, and they harm my health by increasing my stress levels.

So far I have learned in this thread, having a car makes me fat, I have no need to calorie count as long as I eat real food...still figuring this one out, I thought food supplied energy, it seems there are special calories in this special real food stuff. Plus doritos are very bad for me. Man its amazing my ticker moves at all.
  • Heatherybit
    Heatherybit Posts: 91 Member
    Options

That is true, I have seen the car guy on many threads. The funny thing is if you look back on history before cars most people never traveled more than a couple miles from home, so it really is irrelevant. Unless of course you are talking about those damn people that have to hold me up so they can wait on a close parking space. They could afford to walk 50 yards, and they harm my health by increasing my stress levels.

So far I have learned in this thread, having a car makes me fat, I have no need to calorie count as long as I eat real food...still figuring this one out, I thought food supplied energy, it seems there are special calories in this special real food stuff. Plus doritos are very bad for me. Man its amazing my ticker moves at all.

What I have learned from this thread the "other" one is that there just special calories for special people.
  • _KitKat_
    Options
    What I have learned from this thread the "other" one is that there just special calories for special people.

I always thought I was special, unless that's not what my husband is talking about when I do something stupid...hmm!?!?

* not meaning insult to anyone....need to cover my butt.

I still think I am special, just maybe not like a snowflake like some of the very special people around today.
  • Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options

I always thought I was special, unless that's not what my husband is talking about when I do something stupid...hmm!?!?

* not meaning insult to anyone....need to cover my butt.

I still think I am special, just maybe not like a snowflake like some of the very special people around today.

Snowflakes sing songs from Frozen methinks...

"Let it go, let it go, there's magical calories that don't count"

:wink:

Ignore me, I have had way too much caffeine today.