Anyone else get the shakes?

2»

Replies

• stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Lentils are a solid source of protein- 70 cals and 8 grams protein in a dry quarter cup serving.

Tofu is also an option- it doesn't have much of a flavor. It soaks up whatever seasonings you put in the dish, kind of like cauliflower. It's about 80 calories per 80 gram serving, with 7 or 8 grams of protein.

It's an acquired taste for sure, but Greek yogurt is also a great source of protein. The nonfat varieties are usually 120-140 calories for a cup (or 227 grams), with a whopping 21-24 grams of protein. I suggest adding some fruit and a pinch of sweetener (I use Splenda/ sucralose) to plain Greek yogurt if it's too tangy for you. I, too, have a lactose problem; and while regular yogurt causes all sorts of intestinal trouble for me, Greek yogurt seems to be alright. Maybe try half a serving at breakfast and see how it goes. Kroger sells "Lite Greek yogurt" in several different flavors in 90-calorie cups, but you can taste the fake sweetener and it's kind of a turnoff.

PB2 is a kind of powdered peanut butter with most of the oil taken out- it's got 45 calories per 12 gram/ 2 dry tablespoon serving, and about 6 grams of protein. Some people don't like it on its own, but you could add it to stir fry or smoothies or yogurt.

Best of luck to you!