Why has 23 people looked at post RE: Phen but no replies?

Options
I posted about Phentermine and have had so many people read but nobody posts, WHY? I don't understand?

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    maybe because nobody has anything to say, or they aren't using an rx to help them lose weight because they know that once you stop or your body becomes used to the meds all the weight that was lost will come back and bring some friends. Just a thought, then again maybe they don't haven an answer to the question that you were asking...
  • yomairaA
    yomairaA Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just started on those about 4 days ago and I'm not to sure I like I feel hungry and they are supposed to suoress appetite
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    maybe because nobody has anything to say, or they aren't using an rx to help them lose weight because they know that once you stop or your body becomes used to the meds all the weight that was lost will come back and bring some friends. Just a thought, then again maybe they don't haven an answer to the question that you were asking...

Well said...

If someone has knowledge or an answer they will comment... but no one will comment if they dont read the post... normally ALOT of ppl will read the posts before someone has something to say... unless its an easy one!! =)
  • lighterpenny
    Options
    Isn't this website about comrodery and support for those that are losing weight and struggle daily? So isn't that a little ignorent to think that only YOUR way is the #1 way to lose and the RIGHT way? Maybe you should think on that? Thanks but if you aren't using Phen to help you then don't read post or reply to it!
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I am guessing that its because very few of us (at least the ones that are on a lot and read the postings and reply) dont use stuff like that. I didnt even know what it was until I googled it LOL. Its either that no one wants to say anything, or they dont know what to say. Sorry....
  • lighterpenny
    Options
    My comment was for Mrsyac

Everyone needs support. But not judgemental support.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I read it and had no idea what it was, so no point in me replying. I'm sure many others were the same. Don't take it to heart, i'm sure you will get replies soon.
  • I posted about Phentermine and have had so many people read but nobody posts, WHY? I don't understand?

I read, but didn't originally reply because I have nothing good to say about the drug as a way to lose weight. Not because of all the obvious reasons .... losing weight with drugs rarely works, fads don't last ..... Although I do believe, and know from experience, that those things are true. In 1995 my Dr. put me on this wonderful new weight loss drug called Phen-Fen (Phentermine was 1/2 of that drug) ... It is medically dangerous. It can affect your heart, and make losing weight only possible if you continue to take the drug. It screws up your metabolism, and can cause long-term and/or permanent health issues. That's why I didn't reply to your 1st post. People sometimes get offended if they consider that their choices are under attack, and since we don't even know each other ... Well ... You can see why I was a little unsure. It's not personal at all ... In fact ... If you'd like to add me as a friend .... Plz feel free to do that .... But also know that I'll continue to talk about the healthy choices for your life change.

KIM
  • I just started on those about 4 days ago and I'm not to sure I like I feel hungry and they are supposed to suoress appetite

I really wish that you'd read the reply I gave to this person. We are friends, and I'd advise you to do some further research before you decide to continue taking Phentermine.

KIM
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options

WOW! This was harsh!!

and um weight loss supplements DO work! It's when a person stops their healthy/fitness lifestyle is when the weight comes back on.

After two months of losing weight on my own....I'm proudly taking OxyPro Elite to give me that extra boost - Lost over 3lbs in a week when my weight loss was starting to slow down.

What is the difference when people take supplements to build muscle mass?!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    there is not even 15 minutes between that post and this one. :) goodness, we have an impatient society.

(i mean that in general not directed towards you. ...well, a little bit directed towards you, but not in a mean way. lol.)
  • jquintinjr
    Options
    why is your grammar poor?
  • msemejuru
    Options
    I read it because I like to be of help when I can, but since I don't use the drug or know anything about it I couldn't be of help. It's better to not reply at all then to give wrong advice and steer someone wrong.
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    seriously please settle down. there is no reason to flip on people. I opened you post in a new tab and then opened your other posts as well. While making my way back to the original post I was asking my husband what he knew about it. (he has a degree in sports medicine and athletic training. he kinda told me that it was something he would never recommend and it honestly scared him. however I read your other posts and quickly decided that I didnt want to get my head bitten off for sharing my husbands professional opinion. so i am going to tell you to talk to your doctor about it. if he thinks its a safe way for you to do what you need to do then so be it.
  • lighterpenny
    Options
    jquintnjr

Who's post exactly and why would that be an issue?
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I didn't see the original post but have asked my doctor about getting it and apparently it has been banned for some time. He did give me Meridia though and it was good for a bit. I just needed something to curb the appetite until I could get back into calorie counting. I was on it for just over a month and then got of it to focus on my calorie counting. It worked but I knew I wasn't going to take it long term, I needed a push and it gave it to me.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

WOW! This was harsh!!

and um weight loss supplements DO work! It's when a person stops their healthy/fitness lifestyle is when the weight comes back on.

After two months of losing weight on my own....I'm proudly taking OxyPro Elite to give me that extra boost - Lost over 3lbs in a week when my weight loss was starting to slow down.

What is the difference when people take supplements to build muscle mass?!

How is what I said harsh? Thats great that you are using OxyPro Elite but like many OTC drugs and RX drugs once your body gets used to it they no longer work. Thats why you either need to up your dose or come off of them for a month before continuing. I understand that this sight is supposed to be motivating but you can be honest Phetermine is great while it works however once your body gets used to the drugs they don't work anymore, and the weight you lost comes back and brings along company. The only way to keep the drugs working is to increase the dosage and since they don't come higher than 37.5 mg then you would need to double the dose.

As far as the person that wrote the topic-- In the end watching what you eat and getting active is the only weight loss "fad" that has lasted through out the years against all the other lose weight quick schemes. So I guess I will stick with it. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Who peed in every ones Post Toasties this morning?:ohwell:
  • itzamos
    Options
    Because I read a lot of posts out of curiosity, and had nothing to say about that one.
  • fit2sit
    fit2sit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    /popcorn