i just do not understand this calories thing!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean I log on the device app, but I log in MFP and put the start time and duration. I only do that to track the type of exercises I am doing, so I know I did an actual workout that day and wasn't just counting my steps around the house.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    If none of our suggestions help you, try the Withings help desk:
    https://withings.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
  • chichic77
    chichic77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean I log on the device app, but I log in MFP and put the start time and duration. I only do that to track the type of exercises I am doing, so I know I did an actual workout that day and wasn't just counting my steps around the house.

hmm, when i log an exercise here it doesn't give me the option to put an actual time....
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    If you are wearing your fitbit(or the like) you don't need to log your exercise because it is already accounted for in your total steps/calories burned for the day.

If you have it synced with the fitbit site, do you have your calorie goal set as 1200 on that site. If it is synced, it will pull all of the information from fitbit.
  • chichic77
    Options
    If you are wearing your fitbit(or the like) you don't need to log your exercise because it is already accounted for in your total steps/calories burned for the day.

If you have it synced with the fitbit site, do you have your calorie goal set as 1200 on that site. If it is synced, it will pull all of the information from fitbit.

my tracker doesn't have a calorie goal. i am seriously confused as to why it would go from 1680 to 1200 overnight. i am just going to give it a week and play with settings and see what works i guess.
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    Are you walking on a treadmill or out & about? Just wondering because I saw where you had logged walking at 4mph for 30 minutes. I train on a treadmill that goes by the MPH (1-10) and 4mph is a slow jog for me.

Just wondering! It's really easy when starting off to trust the MFP exercise settings and you can be over estimating how much you are actually burning.

I know it can be miserable and confusing but you will get it right, just keep toying with things until you find out what works best for you!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    OP - totally unrelated to your question, but I wanted to point out that your ticker says 16 Pfund lost..
    Am I the lost one? Or is it a glitch?
  • chichic77
    Options
    OP - totally unrelated to your question, but I wanted to point out that your ticker says 16 Pfund lost..

that's exactly what it says. i don't know why it says that.
  • chichic77
    Options
    Are you walking on a treadmill or out & about? Just wondering because I saw where you had logged walking at 4mph for 30 minutes. I train on a treadmill that goes by the MPH (1-10) and 4mph is a slow jog for me.

Just wondering! It's really easy when starting off to trust the MFP exercise settings and you can be over estimating how much you are actually burning.

I know it can be miserable and confusing but you will get it right, just keep toying with things until you find out what works best for you!

speed walking for me.
  • chichic77
    Options

i guess it was a glitch. i just customized it. i didn't know i could.
  • chichic77
    Options
    now that i went in and deleted the exercise that i logged everything shows the right numbers and doesn't say 1200 anymore.