T25 Results and Advice?

Options
I was debating on buying Focus T25 this summer and had a few questions.

1) Is it worth the money?

2) Do you have to stick to their diet plan?

3) Are there any results I can see, please and thank you? I am 5'6 and 160 lbs, so not too overweight, just flabby. Anyone else like me?

Replies

• nacKat10
    nacKat10 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just finished day two and I was doubtful that I would get an efficient workout in just 25 min. Yeah, I was definitely wrong! I had to take frequent breaks, i'm hoping by the start of week 2 my endurance will pick up. I definitely think it's worth the money.

I'm personally not sticking to the diet plan, but I am trying to eat more healthy. More veggies and protein, less snack/fast food.

I'm 140 and a bit flabby. I'm really just hoping to tone out problem areas.
  • kaybee9489
    kaybee9489 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WARNING! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions! What works for some doesn't work for others and vice versa!

I liked it. Just liked. I couldn't get that into it. it's quick and nice if you are crunched for time but I wasn't seeing the results I wanted. I would not stick to their diet plan, but some diet plan of some sort as diet is key to your weight loss! If you have the time for longer workouts, and the money for a more expensive program (and really want something at home) I would look into Les Mills Pump. No jumping around (lots of jumping in t25) and I saw AWESOME results.

I will still do some of the workouts if I can't get to the gym and need something quick (the ab interval workout is awesome)
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    WARNING! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions! What works for some doesn't work for others and vice versa!

I liked it. Just liked. I couldn't get that into it. it's quick and nice if you are crunched for time but I wasn't seeing the results I wanted. I would not stick to their diet plan, but some diet plan of some sort as diet is key to your weight loss! If you have the time for longer workouts, and the money for a more expensive program (and really want something at home) I would look into Les Mills Pump. No jumping around (lots of jumping in t25) and I saw AWESOME results.

I will still do some of the workouts if I can't get to the gym and need something quick (the ab interval workout is awesome)

I agree with a lot of this.^^^^ There is a lot of jumping and somewhat fancy moves in it. I would give it an 8 out of 10. I burned 300-400 calories per workout, which is why I rate it so high. I liked the 'no excuses' aspect of it because its soooo short; there is no excuse.

But if you can't keep up with the jumps, fancy choreography, pushups and planks, then this isn't the workout for you. There is a modifier, but, honestly, who wants to have to do the modified moves forever.

I did not see the results I wanted with it either. I was very consistent with Alpha and did not "see" results. I did not follow his meal plan as some of the meals were ridiculous to me. I don't want to eat a quinoa burger. I kind of bombed out in Beta due to some personal issues, I stubbed my toe so bad my nail practically came off. Thus the excessive jumping was an issue. I do feel fitter and firmer, but the results did not carry over to the scale and barely the tape measure. I am going to try round two this week.

I agree with the poster above, its a worthy investment for quick at home workouts. If you do the three payment plans, it doesn't feel that expensive.

I will look into Les Mills. Thanks for the tip.
  • beerogers
    beerogers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think that the bottom line in deciding which program to use is based on what your individual goal(s) are. For my husband and I, T25 has been the best decision! My husband has seen dramatic results within the first 5 weeks, dropping from a XXL to XL as the ol' beer gut is quickly disappearing. As for myself, I don't expect to see dramatic results on the scale right away because muscle weighs more than fat! I am toning quickly and my shape is coming back! I also realize that in order to maintain a healthy weight, you have to build some muscle up to keep burning that fat to prevent it from coming back. As for the jumping around, it took me awhile to find the right SHOES for the work outs, but now that I have, no problems! Now I will attest to the fact that we don't follow the meal plans or use the expensive shakes either. We still have a few cold ones on the weekends too. Even with all of that, T25 has worked well for us so far. (Starting Beta next week!)
  • tinklemar
    tinklemar Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think that the bottom line in deciding which program to use is based on what your individual goal(s) are. For my husband and I, T25 has been the best decision! My husband has seen dramatic results within the first 5 weeks, dropping from a XXL to XL as the ol' beer gut is quickly disappearing. As for myself, I don't expect to see dramatic results on the scale right away because muscle weighs more than fat! I am toning quickly and my shape is coming back! I also realize that in order to maintain a healthy weight, you have to build some muscle up to keep burning that fat to prevent it from coming back. As for the jumping around, it took me awhile to find the right SHOES for the work outs, but now that I have, no problems! Now I will attest to the fact that we don't follow the meal plans or use the expensive shakes either. We still have a few cold ones on the weekends too. Even with all of that, T25 has worked well for us so far. (Starting Beta next week!)

Muscle weighs the same as fat, but the volume of 1lb of muscle is smaller than the volume of 1lb of fat.

T25 is a LOT of jumping and pushups/planks, so if you can't handle the jumps, I would recommend finding something that would be more geared towards what you are able to do. I personally love it. I love the time commitment, no excuses, and a good burn.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I loved it and I had awesome results! No, I didn't lose a million pounds, but I gained a lot of strength and endurance! I specifically chose it because of the time crunch, but after finishing the entire program, including Gamma, I found that the time doesn't matter, because 25 minutes can kick your booty and get you into fantastic shape!

I'm providing a link to my blog about it as it is more detailed about the challenges I faced and what my results are. Good luck to you!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mmm_drop?month=201311
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love T25! Currently on week 5 of Alpha. Then will be starting the next phase, Beta. The program is perfect for me with my busy schedule. 25 minutes and bam, done with my workout. I plan to take measurements after week 5 to see where my progress is. I've lost a few pounds but most importantly, I'm feeling strong and better about myself each day. Love Focus T25!
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up week 3 of Alpha and I love it! My legs look so much better and I've lost 4lbs. I would definitely recommend it.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot, not every DVD but most of them. Some I don't do very often. I got my set on Ebay and if you can do something like that, the investment might be less. I felt it had been out long enough to get a deal and I paid 68 for alpha/beta and toning belt. I paid 45 for Gamma because I wanted to have the next level.
    For me, I use it for when I am crunched for time and sometimes double up when I use it on the weekend. I like the speed/cardio workouts and some of the weight/cardio circuits a lot. It isn't perfect but I feel, for me, it was worth what I spent and I find it actually "fun" at times. ; ) Can't say that too often.
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I bought the program almost 5 weeks ago. I am over 200 pounds and needed to start a bit slower than most of the people who have responded so far. I modified the first four weeks with the goal of finishing the 25 minutes every day and increasing the intensity of the workout every day which I have been able to do every day. I love the workouts. I love that I can finish my workouts in 25 minutes. I love that I don't have to head to the gym to do them. I was working out for 60 to 90 minutes. For 6 of those months I was working out with a trainer. I have lost more in these four weeks than I did in all those months. I think it is a great program.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I started this week I'm on day 3 today wrk 1 of alpha stage I'm 5'3 150lbs I actually like t25 especially being a stay at home mom to an infant it really helps get a good workout in and this isn't my 1st BN workout program but I really enjoy this compared to insanity and even with the clock on the screen time flies by I am nt following meal plan but am following the 1600 calorie limit if after the 1st I don't see results I will probably add another 25 minute workout maybe a jm one but for now I just want to commit to t25 I'd be happy with just 10lb loss btw in flabby too lol

Also If u decide to get it I have a group on here u can join
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options
    Glad I found this. I just got my set (also through Ebay, new and for about $60 less) and will be starting on Monday. I plan to follow the recommendations and maybe keep a Zumba class or two, some walking, etc. in the mix.
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options
    p.s. I just turned 50 last weekend and am anxious to see if this will help me lose the weight that nothing else seems to help anymore.
  • cheles2014
    cheles2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Currently, I'm on week 10, last week of the Beta phase. Really loving it! The workouts are total body--squats, lunges, abs, planks, pike-ups, push-ups, plyometrics, agility, cardio/speed and strength building. Each phase (Alpha, Beta, Gamma) builds upon the next. The workouts are a whirlwind- and the transitions are fast!

Too date, I've lost 11 pounds, started at 180, (5'8"), now at 169. I need to dial in my nutrition some more, but I'm keeping my calories in the 1600 range. Generally, I eat healthy, but do splurge at times. If my nutrition was a bit more in check, I think my weight loss would be more significant, because I'm strong in the workouts. I run 1-3 days a week, and adjust calories as needed. It's the first home exercise program I've stuck with and I think the 25 minutes is a big factor in my commitment. My running performance has improved and I feel much stronger--credit to T25.

Today, I ordered Gamma for $29 on Ebay with free shipping and I look forward to kicking it up a notch! Monday, I start Gamma--more weights, total body and a bit less cardio. I'm going to follow the hybrid program (Alpha, Beta, Gamma) for the next four weeks, then Pure Gamma for another four weeks. Joining a T25 thread on the Beachbody site has helped immensely, I check-in daily with my group and it keeps the motivation high.

All the best, if you decide to do T25!
    Chele
  • shiva916
    shiva916 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on week 5 of alpha. So far I'm down just over 12lbs and a few inches overall. I am glad to start adding some weights in beta. I have to say the first few workouts I thought I would die barely getting through the 25 mins. I can keep up much better now but still can't do everything as well as the video does. Just keep plugging away and accept all results no matter how small.
  • Kimberrh6
    Kimberrh6 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm on the second week of Alpha and I really enjoy the workouts. I've heard from people who have done Insanity and P90x that its not as difficult. For me, I never did those videos, so T25 is tough for me! I sweat a ton for 25 minutes! From what I've seen so far, if you're all about the number on the scale, you may be disappointed. Weight comes off slowly, so make sure to measure yourself. Also, I as well as others, have issues about the modifier not being visible enough during some videos. Especially the videos where you're on the mat a lot. Those two things (weight and modifier) are my only complaints.

If you stick with it, you'll def. see results! I've lost about 4 inches off my waist and its only been two weeks. I don't follow his nutrition plan or recipe book. The nutrition plan has you eating 1400 or 1600 calories, depending on the individual. On MFP, I try to eat 1400 calories anyway, so I had no change in calorie intake.

Good luck! :)
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I started T25 this week. I know this thread is old, but wanted to see if any of you would respond with your results if you completed the program and is gamma worth buying?
  • Polywoggs
    Polywoggs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi tjames30- I'm on wk4 (Alpha) and I PLAN on completing the program- I've heard about Gamma, but haven't purchased it yet- I'm sure I will, 1/2 way through Beta. So far, I'm loving T25! The 1st week felt like a 'Shock & Awe' assault- lol. It wasn't until 2-3 wks that I could see (subtle) results. Stick with it and add me (if you want).
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Im just like you. My opinion of T25 is it is perfect for the overly busy person (such as myself). There are days that 25 minutes is all I can give. So I do T25 then. Also when the weather is crappy and I cant get outside to run, I use T25. I do not use the diet plan. I probably should but again, that requires planning and time and right now my priorities are different.
  • ThineOwnselfBTrue
    ThineOwnselfBTrue Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have T25 and it is a lot of jumping, I thought I could do this no problem because I was doing 45 min of elliptical and could run a couple miles. I paused that first 1 so much it took me 40 min to complete a 25 min. workout...However, just started week 4 alpha still like it, no longer have to pause it :D have lost 4 inches and 3 pounds.
    I also have Les Mills Pump (FYI, it's being discontinued, so if you like weights get it now) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Pump!