craving sugar after workouts

Options
hi, ive only just started regularly working out and i am finding that i crave sugar once im done. is this normal?

Replies

• quietvibes
    Options
    SInce your burning of alot of carbs and energy your body craves more energy. But instead of eating these sweets eat fruits and pretend their sweets lol i get the same cravings
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I drink whole milk after a run or weights session, it hydrates, has protein, fat and carbs, I know chocolate milk is quite a good post workout food but I don't like chocolate milk so I stick to plain whiole milk, or a handful of pine nuts!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    hi, ive only just started regularly working out and i am finding that i crave sugar once im done. is this normal?

Sounds like the start of an addiction, I'd avoid all sugar since that stuff is worse than cocaine
  • Meushichan
    Meushichan Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's your body wanting energy, which you have, hidden in fat stores. I get my fix with a protein shake. I make mine the consistency of a milkshake, and it tricks my brain into thinking I'm having something bad :p
  • GeminiFitness1
    GeminiFitness1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat something after workout with protein. It doesn't have to be a shake it could be anything you like.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Sounds like the start of an addiction, I'd avoid all sugar since that stuff is worse than cocaine

pfff come on man!! lolz
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    SInce your burning of alot of carbs and energy your body craves more energy. But instead of eating these sweets eat fruits and pretend their sweets lol i get the same cravings

why can't she have sweets from say a cookie if she wants instead of fruit? sugar is sugar….
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    yes it's normal. Humans evolved as hunter-gatherers. Exercise = food acquisition. Your body expects food after exercise, so eat something. A good post-workout meal contains protein and carbs.
  • halimatun
    Options
    same here..its normal i guess
    have some fruits..or nuts..or protein shake..anything that suits you