I looked in the mirror today, and all i saw was fat. I felt

Options
I have been feeling down today, which is probably the reason i felt this way. I looked at myself multiple times today, and all i saw was how fat i am. i saw that my face got fatter, my stomach was larger, my double chin was more prominent than before, and my clothes didn't fit as well as they used to. The next thought after that was why am i studying to be an athletic trainer if i can't stay in shape. i feel horrible, and im ready to give up. At the same time, im tired of being fat and using my fat as an excuse. Im at a block =/

Replies

• yomairaA
    yomairaA Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have been having a similar day where I fell hungry and thinking Iam already fat why not eat... But I think about what I want to achieve and what I have achieved so far and that has helped me fight my cravings.. Im sure your a beutiful person inside and out with weight as an obstacle \. Try making a list of all the gret qualities I'm sure you have and remeber we all have those days we just have to work thru it and try to have a better day tommorow good luck and I hope you fell better.. :smile:
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I've had a similar past 4 days. I've been cramming food down my throat and drinking like crazy because I've been having bad days at work.

I looked in the mirror today, and I felt as if I had gained some weight.

Back at it Monday! I'm ready to jump back on the bandwagon!
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!! YOU can do this!! Read some of the posts, make some friends. They will help you, I will help you. I had a horrible first day, my post is in my blog, these friends helped me out of it. We are all here for the same reason. We need to pull each other up and along.
    :flowerforyou:
  • RonaZway
    Options
    A lot of us that chose to be trainers have our own issues with food. I myself decided to become a Personal Trainer because I wanted to help people like myself. I have ups and downs like everyone else, I'm only human after all. I mean would you want to hire a Trainer that didn't understand the struggle to control your food? I think not! We need to hear that people understand, and hear how they have overcome> Keep it up, just your honesty alone tells me your going to be a great Trainer! :0)
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I had the same exact day today.. as a matter of fact I am still feeling that way right now. Sneak peeked on the scale this morning and was upset with what I saw and that put a damper on my mood all day. Right now as I type this I'm under my calorie goal. I should feel fine. I didn't get a workout in today, but I busted *kitten* yesterday and got in all my water and then some. (15 glasses!)

I don't know why we have these days, but I know they make us stronger. Sometimes I wish I could take my own advice when I say "Don't let it get you down!" Tomorrow is a new day for you and for me. We will succeed! Truth is, we're always gonna have that one "bad" day where we can't see where we've lost or why we are even trying, but those days will make it worth in the end. I believe those days make us push harder and they make us want it more.

All day today every time I passed a mirror I said.. "How can it be true that i've lost 55 lbs. I just don't see it!" That's what gets me the most. When I can't see my OWN success!!

Hang in there! We'll make it through and like I said before tomorrow is a new day!! && Hopefully we will ALL feel better about our life style changes and about ourselves!!
    :flowerforyou:

xxBrittany kay*
  • Hb154
    Options
    You know, the beauty of losing weight is, once you do reach your goal, most of us can't see it. We want more.
    That's when you know you've worked your damn *kitten* off, because the challenge you thought was hard at the time is
    now nothing to you.
    and you want more.
    I'm learning that with p90x.
    Don't let the mirror get you down. I had that same problem today too. Same exact one. I kept saying to myself, boy I feel fat.
    But I got on MFP, and I wrote out my issues, and tomorrow I'm doing something about it. I'm starting a new diet, and continuing my workouts.
    So you keep on going..and don't let the damn mirror get you down girl! because theirs not one thing you can't do about it!
    you be the change you wish to see!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    musbe something in the water.
    I have felt that way all week. I have used it to push me harder. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but hang in there. you CAN do it. i am at a plateau but I know I will get there. take the good days with the bad and ask yourself why. Weather change , hormonal change, emotional eating, burnout. Maybe switching your routine around a little will help. Good luck. I know just how you feel.
  • ambercscott87
    ambercscott87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Girl, I have fealt like this alot lately. This is the one reason I keep pushing myself forward. It sucks, but every time you look in that mirror.... justify what you are doing. You are wanting to change your life and the way you think about yourself in the process! You have it in you!!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I think all girls have this moment. Maybe not something in the water, but something in society. Lately, I've been doing a lot of belly dance, which makes me feel beautiful. I've literally been looking in the mirror these days, and noticing how beautiful my body really is.

Try to focus on the things you love about your body. (For me, it's my slimmer middle, rather than my thighs. :tongue: ) Do an activity that makes YOU feel beautiful! And then try to remember that feeling, or do that activity when ever you start to think negatively about yourself. Then look in the mirror, and tell yourself how beautiful YOU are!! :flowerforyou:
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options
    I looked at myself multiple times today, and all i saw was how fat i am.

Then you must not have looked hard enough, because, from your picture, you have lovely hair and a great smile. And you know, I think going through this experience will make you an even better athletic trainer, because you have such a good reason to research proper nutrition and exercise, and because if you happen to get an athlete with weight issues, you'll be better able to sympathize and help him/her.

Just stick with it. It takes time to get healthy, but you can't ask your future athletes to do something you aren't willing to do. You joined this site, and you seem to be doing fairly well with the calorie counting so far. Everyone has days when they look in the mirror and say "Ugh." I know it's a struggle to be patient and keep working at it (believe me, I know! I've been on-again, off-again several times), but if you just keep going, the weight will come off.