Motivation Needed! Help Meeee

Options
Okay so for the past month or so I've been doing really well eating right and exercising. However, lately I've been losing the drive to do either of those. I'm stressed with school, which is making me want junk food and to study my brains into oblivion instead of exercise. It doesn't help that I have also been avoiding the scale for a good three weeks fearing that my stress levels will make me gain water weight. xD Any advice? I'm hoping to get some support and to make new MFP friends, so add me!

Replies

• ToBeThatGirlIDreamOf
    ToBeThatGirlIDreamOf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Try to exert your stress in a different way.
    EX: Yoga, running, meditation, talking to a friend, etc.
    Remember, if you eat like crap, you perform like crap.
    Which, will definitely not help with school!
    You got this :)
    Feel free to add.
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm with ToBe....well said and to the point.
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I give myself motivational pep talks when I'm driving.

Such as:

Overeating makes me feel like crap mentally and physically.
    Eating normal foods at my calorie goal makes me feel really good mentally and physically.

It sounds really dumb typed out, but I often forget when I'm faced with something I want to eat A LOT of, that then feeling I get after overeating is not pleasant at all!
  • mb1127
    mb1127 Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm in the same boat; unbelievably stressed with school. I didn't think about what I ate and also avoided the scale for weeks. But then, I got the courage to step on the scale again and realized nothing changed. So first step, Conquer your fear. Get on the scale. It might not be as bad as you think! Then think of a game plan as far as your diet goes. And always make room for some " me time." Put the books away for a bit or you'll always be stressed.
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If you can get to a treadmill or stationary bike, a lot of them have a place for books so you can read chapters and break a sweat at the same time. You gotta balance it out, don't get buried in cramming just to vomit knowledge out on your test and forget it all the next day. For me, doing something active while reading wakes up my brain and helps me remember it long term. It's how I memorized lines in high school, even other peoples, and I still remember them.
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just a thought: When you're studying, take a break here and there to do an exercise or just walk for a while. That could clear your head, relieve some stress and help with studying.
  • tribe216
    tribe216 Posts: 13
    Options
    Weigh yourself. Sometimes that's motivation enough.
    When you go to stress eat, drink some water, or redirect your attention for a few minutes.
  • N3rdyBird_
    N3rdyBird_ Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been avoiding the unhealthy eating the majority of the time, and I know I'll force my self to step on the scale eventually. :noway: I'll try taking a break here and there to walk around or something other than studying. Thanks guys!
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! the scale is a scary beast but it doesn't change your worth. Don't let it intimidate you!
  • LuckyStarrGal
    LuckyStarrGal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just got back into swing of things and I find that reading Success Stories on here helps me! If they can so can I, lets do this!