Ideas for movie time snacks

Options
I want something low cal, but huge quantity to munch through the movies :)

I have tried raw veggies - carrots, cucumbers, bell pepper, jicama, snap peas, tomatoes etc with hummus. Also, kettle corn.

What other veggies/snacks do you recommend?

Replies

• theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I know its cliche, but air popped popcorn with no butter or oil comes in at around 30cal per cup. Plus who doesn't wanna eat popcorn when watching a movie!?
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    thank you. more snacks please :)
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    frozen grapes are good and I agree, air popped pop corn. I've got a halogen popcorn maker, can make a huge batch with 1tbsp of oil and then you can add flavours!
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    first off, I love Jamie eason too.

I'll restate air popped popcorn, pickles, nuts, celery and almond butter.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    About the only thing you are going to be able to eat a huge amount of is raw veggies or plain air popped popcorn. Which btw, is super easy to make in the microwave! Brown paper bag, 1/4 cup popcorn-microwave 2-3 min(listen for popping to almost stop)...wala...popcorn.
  • xaryo
    xaryo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    frozen or fresh cranberries
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Consider eliminating the mindless eating habit.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Which btw, is super easy to make in the microwave! Brown paper bag, 1/4 cup popcorn-microwave 2-3 min(listen for popping to almost stop)...wala...popcorn.

This is what I eat (and the way I make mine). I DO add butter after though. Salted butter and some popcorn seasoning. It's not as high as the movie theater stuff but is still filled with salty buttery goodness.

I always like something sweet to follow my popcorn so I either make a salad of grapes, chopped walnuts, chopped apple, and chopped dates (eaten with a spoon) OR I get some really nice seedless cutie tangerines, peel them at home, and stick them in a baggy. Watermelon cubes work great too.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Fruit (pear or plums cut in 1/4, or grapes), cheese and nuts (walnuts or pistachios).
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I agree with the air popped corn. And you could also try frozen grapes or something?
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    thanks all, great ideas!!!
  • ladyace0007
    Options
    Rice cakes! Light, low cal, and tons of different flavors.
  • NIKIATWORK
    NIKIATWORK Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Quaker mini rice cakes in chocolate or caramel.... are a tasty snack for me or a ton of raw unflavored almonds, walnuts or nut of choice. Homemade granola also works great! :happy: