weight loss over 40

Options
13»

Replies

• angieteaguekearns
    angieteaguekearns Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My advise is log everything to a T. When I do not use my calories I burned exercising, that is when I lose weight. Good luck!
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and was till recently 182 lbs and am also over 40.

I've struggled for the past 5-6 years since putting on weight after surgery - I dieted for months (1200 cals a day logging everything on MFP) just to lose a few pounds to just regain it over 14 days whilst on holiday.

I have lost 21 lbs in the last 8 weeks (Im now 161 lbs) doing a low carb diet helped along with some Cambridge products. I have a couple of Cambridge Diet products a day to give me all the vitamins etc I need and then I have chicken/fish/steak & salad/vegetables for my main meal and I'm eating no processed food at all. Ive not really felt hungry at all because Im in mild ketosis.

Everyone is commenting on how the weight has just 'dropped off' as I have lost mega inches too - I was in a tight size 14 (UK) threatening to go into a size 16 and now size 12's are very loose, hopefully I'll be in a size 10 soon (Ive not been that size for many years!!)

I intend to stop using the Cambridge products when I reach target but I intend to stick to the low-carb and little-or-no processed food way of eating so I dont gain the weight back. Instead of a 'diet' it will become a 'lifestyle choice'.

I can honestly say I feel so much better and I no longer constantly feel bloated - my pot bellied tummy has gone!!

Im sure there are plently of people on here that will shoot me down in flames but the above has done something for me that I have been struggling to do for a long time - LOSE WEIGHT AND INCHES!!

Everyone has to find the way that works for them.

Good luck :flowerforyou:

No flaming... you found something that works for you, nothing dangerous to your long term health so good for you :smile: