Starving

Options
Shall I continue feeling my belly rumble during tests or should I break down and have a snack? Need some serious motivation...and this is only my second day.

Replies

• PrisyAly
    PrisyAly Posts: 3
    Options
    You cannot stave yourself like that, that is bad for your body, you should try having dry fruits on you, so you can eat it. Losing weight and starving yourself doesn't go together hun
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Dude, you shouldn't be hungry. You'll never, ever stick to a regimen if you're hungry all the time, and you need to learn to listen to your body. Have a snack! Some fruit, some carrots and hummus, something low-calorie and good for you, and if you find you're getting hungry around the same time in the day, rework your calorie distribution to make sure you give yourself what you need. The most important part of fitness is learning to listen to your body and treating yourself well. Now go have a banana and feel better!
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What does your daily calorie intake look like?
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

^^This. How much are you eating?
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Options

^^This. How much are you eating?

^^^ This (as well)

Also, snacking is ok as long as you're snacking smartly.

fruit, nuts, even something like baked chips are ok. Just whenever you snack remember to drink some water with it.
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The brand Emerald makes these 100 calorie packs of almonds that are great to throw into your purse on the go and if you eat that you are only at most going over by 100 calories. Maybe your calories are set too low though.
  • Staniel_2013
    Staniel_2013 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else is saying. If you are absolutely starving your need to look at how much and the most important part WHAT!!!!! you are eating.

Some people shoot too low as they underestimate how active they really are and the calorie deficit is too great.

Or some poeple just continue to eat absolute crap day in and day out that has no nutritional value to it so they are always hungry for something decent.

I used to feel hungry throughout the day but i've recently changed my diet and now sometimes I feel like I could skip dinner all together and be perfectly fine even though I would be at around 1200-1400 calories. Granted I get to each much more than some because of my size and excercise level but still.