Reached my goal today! 50 pounds gone.

Options
tomandshell
tomandshell Posts: 32 Member
I started my diet and began using MFP on October 1st. Weighing in at just over 230 pounds and past the BMI line for obesity, my goal was to get back to my wedding day weight of 180. So my hope was to see 15 years of weight gain removed in six months.

This morning, I weighed in at 179.6. That takes me past my goal of 50 pounds and crosses the BMI line from overweight into normal/healthy, at just under six months. Now I will be slowly working my daily calories up to maintenance level.

To celebrate, I'm having some mixed apple slices and water, lol. Then I'm going to Sports Chalet to buy a 50 pound weight to keep as a souvenir and reminder of what I've accomplished. It's nice to join the ranks of the success stories and see my little bug at the end of the progress tracker. That sense of satisfaction feels better than a cheeseburger tastes.

If I can do it, anybody can!

Replies

• chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Awesomesauce! (low calorie of course!)
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Great job, congratulations!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! You were certainly determined. Congratulations on reaching your goal, and wishing you much success with maintaining.
  • kipper309
    kipper309 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love the idea of buying a weight as a reminder of your achievement. Good on ya!
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    That's a fab loss, in that timeframe. Way to go.
  • improvnmycurves16
    improvnmycurves16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratz so happy for you!!
  • TerryEden
    TerryEden Posts: 76 Member
    Options

To celebrate... I'm going to Sports Chalet to buy a 50 pound weight to keep as a souvenir and reminder of what I've accomplished. It's nice to join the ranks of the success stories and see my little bug at the end of the progress tracker. That sense of satisfaction feels better than a cheeseburger tastes.

If I can do it, anybody can!

What a great success story and excellent way to celebrate! Think of it... that's quite a souvenir and reminder! 50 whole pounds. Think of it!

Congratulations!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    hahahaha!!! love your celebration "meal!" Actually....kind of a good idea with the 50 lb weight.... look at that to keep you on the right path. Congrats - can't wait til I reach my goal....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!