Water - what counts?

Options
What counts as water besides plain water? Coffee? Tea?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Depends who you ask. Personally I don't log water - but when I did I would count any liquid (obviously if it has calories you need to log them too). I can't figure out how it magically becomes not water once you add flavor to it or what it becomes and no one has been able to tell me yet - so as far as I'm concerned it is water.
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    People used to think that caffeine was a diuretic but this has mostly been dis-proven. So, yes... coffee and tea do count towards your daily water intake but you will probably be less likely to drink a liter of coffee than a liter of water (for obvious reasons).
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Anything that has water listed as the first ingredient. ;)
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Depends who you ask. Personally I don't log water - but when I did I would count any liquid (obviously if it has calories you need to log them too). I can't figure out how it magically becomes not water once you add flavor to it or what it becomes and no one has been able to tell me yet - so as far as I'm concerned it is water.

Yeah. What she said.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    A lot of people just count plain water. Personally, I count all drinks; water, cordial, tea, Diet Coke... I used to get all my hydration from Diet Coke so any other method is a win to me!