What is your favorite new food/meal?

Options
With this new lifestyle change I've added some new food to my diet. Stuff like quinoa, sweet potatoes, apples (yeah, I said apples), brussel sprouts, etc. I've also added/create some new dishes. This one here is my favorite by far:

Grilled white onion, half red and half green pepper, a serving of quinoa, a medium avocado, 1/4 cup shredded cheese and a 2 tbps. of taco sauce and you have an awesome meatless taco bowl.

What's yours?

Replies

• JeremyMerrin
    JeremyMerrin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Started doing some meal planning through a website called eat this much and they had a recipe for pecan crusted chicken breast. Absolutely fantastic.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Not sure about any specific food item but I LOVE to cut up all of my food (protein, starch,veg) now and mix it all together. YUM!!! Thrown some hot sauce on top and I am good to go!
  • NotAResolution
    NotAResolution Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Not sure about any specific food item but I LOVE to cut up all of my food (protein, starch,veg) now and mix it all together. YUM!!! Thrown some hot sauce on top and I am good to go!
    I know what you mean with the hot sauce. Sometimes the healthy food needs a kick. I like to add the taco sauce since it's low in calories and high in taste.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I love the flavors of my food but I want the HEAT.
    Sambal Oelek is my favorite! It adds heat without the extra flavors.
  • carolinatx
    carolinatx Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I found shaved Brussels sprouts at Trader Joes - start with a little diced turkey bacon in a bit of olive oil, add the sprouts, get them toasty on both sides, then add in 1/4c balsamic vinegar (also found one I love at TJ's) and 1/4 water and let them saute w/ the lid on for 5 mins - my hubby hates the smell in the house but I LOVE this item! Recipe is on the bag.

Also found fresh English Peas at TJ's - add some mayo, a little bit of cheese, chopped bell pepper, chopped kale, chia seeds, balsamic vinegar and turkey bacon - makes for a pretty healthy, crunchy snack or meal veg.

And my fave snack item of processed food is Way Better Tortilla Chips - Sweet Chili - I can eat these and they seem to have a low GI effect and don't raise my blood sugar, which is good because they're kind of addictive. They have other flavors too, but this is by far my favorite chip.