Sage Simmered Pork Chops

Options
brityn
brityn Posts: 443 Member
I make these for my husband at least once a week! He says he feels like he's indulging, yet it's very very healthy!

Sage simmered pork chops

4-4oz. boneless pork chops (all visible fat removed)
one large onion sliced
8 oz. bag sliced baby bella mushroom
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
2 tsp. low sodium beef boulion
2 tsp. minced fresh sage or 1 tsp. dried sage
1/2 c. egg beaters
2 tsp. canola oil

Place egg substitute in a shallow dish and in another mix flour, boullion and sage. Dip each pork chop in egg first then flour mixture. Heat 1 tsp. oil in heavy large non stick skillet. Add chops and brown 3 min on each side. Remove chops but don't wash pan. Heat remaining 1 tsp oil Add mushrooms and onions and saute til soft (you may need to add a bit of water if they begin to burn. Place chops back in skillet with veggies and cover and cook for an additional 5 min. or til pork is cooked through.

I just eat it like this with a salad, but it would be great with some steamed brown rice or quinoa! Hope you enjoy it!

I entered this in the MFP recipe section so you can look up nutritional info in a snap

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Looks great. FYI - they do not share our recipes that we enter yet - so it is wise to put nutrition info so people don't have to enter the recipe again. MFP says they may start sharing recipes - that is why they ask if you want to share - but they have not done so yet. I searched the database for this and it is not there. Thanks - I love pork chops!
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    YUM! Those look great! :) Thanks!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up

252 Calories
    19g Carbs
    7g Fat
    31g protein
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy - thanks for sharing :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,426 Member
    Options
    Wow, 2 recipes from you in a row that sound great! I may have to friend request you for more. Thanks!
  • jlestes80
    Options
    Thank you for the recipe!! I hope they start sharing soon...this recipe sounds amazing! I'm going to try it tonight :)

THANKS AGAIN!!!
  • jlestes80
    Options
    I made these last night and they were AMAZING!!! Thank you for sharing the recipe!!

My boyfriend loved them too!!!