I have weight loss, but is it expected?

I've consistently logged in for 17 days and since have lost 4 lbs. Am I actually losing weight, or would I contribute it to just water loss? Is this adequate progress? I feel like until I actually notice a difference physically, I'll question the scale... :(

Replies

• prestonam
    prestonam Posts: 24 Member
    Em I had a quick look at your diary, your always below your calorie goal so you could be losing weight. Honestly It's a little early to tell If it's just water. I really wudn't worry about it. I would focus on eating regularly & eating nutritious food. Don't think only of calories, try get nutritious food within your calorie allowance. You will be able to eat more if you choose the right foods. Make sure you have measured yourself. Measurements can take longer to go down but are a better judge than just weight. Keep at it you will notice the difference in a few more weeks.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Most people experience a large drop early on as their body adjust to their new diet. It is mostly water weight but you are probably losing a little bit of fat too. It takes about a month to settle into a regular pattern you can expect.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    I took a look at your diary and you are eating at or below 1000 calories most days - assuming you are logging correctly. Although, yes, you will lose eating this low, you body will pay the price. It's very hard to get adequate nutrition in 700 calories a day.

Have a look at this link. It's full of great information that might help you get started on a sustainable plan. Good luck!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    I took a look at your diary and you are eating at or below 1000 calories most days - assuming you are logging correctly. Although, yes, you will lose eating this low, you body will pay the price. It's very hard to get adequate nutrition in 700 calories a day.

Have a look at this link. It's full of great information that might help you get started on a sustainable plan. Good luck!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    ^^^This.

With only 14 lb. to go, set your goal to .5 lb. per week. What you're doing is unhealthy and unsustainable. Your goal should always be to find the maximum number of calories at which you lose weight, not the minimum.