Under calorie limit but exceeding sugar/carb limit

Options
2»

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    While the last few exchanges have been "interesting" ...

Just to clarify, I never said "sugar is bad" or "carbs are bad." Simply saying that sugary, "junk" foods tends not to be well-balanced.

My point being that the sugar from a piece of hard candy, while arguably no different from the sugar in a piece of fruit, is typically not rounded out by the fiber, vitamins, and minerals that the fruit provides.

While it's possible to keep your macros in line while consuming nothing but lollipops, I'm not sure it's the best decision.

On the other hand, if folks really want to advocate a diet of twinkies, go for it. It's a (mostly) free Internet.
    And you'd be right.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

While it's possible to keep your macros in line while consuming nothing but lollipops, I'm not sure it's the best decision.

To be fair - no you couldn't. Unless you set up your macros in such a way that no one in history ever has.

For the OP - unless sugar is some kind of trigger food for you - Id suggest swapping it out of your diary with something like calcium. That's what I did because the red numbers annoyed me.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options

To be fair - no you couldn't. Unless you set up your macros in such a way that no one in history ever has.

Fair point... I should have said, "While it's possible to keep your macros in line while consuming nothing but lollipops for your carbs..." :-)
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Another strong first post.

I'm going to go eat a bag of sugar and carbs now.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Another strong first post.

I'm going to go eat a bag of sugar and carbs now.

thumpercantsay.png
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

Fair point... I should have said, "While it's possible to keep your macros in line while consuming nothing but lollipops for your carbs..." :-)

Sorry i was cranky this morning :p:laugh: