Night Eating-wth?

Options
I eat in the middle of the night. It doesn't matter if I went to bed completely stuffed or not. I wake up to use the bathroom, and I end up raiding the peanut butter. I have had episodes where I don't recall getting up, but there is evidence in the morning. I do it awake, asleep(ish) you name it.

I haven't lost any weight recently, and truly feel that this is a big reason why.

Does anyone have any experience with this, and any advice to stop it? I feel I have tried so many things and it's just not getting better.

Replies

• FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    well then buy yourself some single serve peanut butters. jif to go is my favorite. they are single serve and 250 calories. if you wake up with the munchies then save up some calories for this by cutting from the rest of your day. if you cant fight it then find a way to beat it... like planning on it. maybe have some ready to go snacks or other choices to grab quick too like sliced apples or a fiber bar that has peanut butter in it. I like the ones by kelloggs or fiber one. you probably get so hungry when you wake up because your body does the most metabolizing and daily repairs while sleeping. this burns calories. you may only be thirsty. try to force down some water when you wake up as a new habit. keep a water bottle in the bathroom if you have to. the best way to go about this weight loss journey is to replace old habits with new ones. find ones you can do. your stomach doesn't have a clock so it doesn't matter when you eat its just how much.. so plan for this. get rid of the jar of peanut butter immediately until you can trust yourself again. I haven't had a whole jar in my house since August .. if I did it would be too tempting to get a spoon and eat out of the jar. be strong.:flowerforyou: