New here

Hello everyone,

My name is Adam, I'm 27, and currently weighing in at 272lbs. I just moved from Chicago to Omaha (and currently living with the in-laws until our house is ready.) I figured this was a great time for me to actually focus on really changing my fitness, or lack there of, and eating habits. Currently, I'm sticking to a slim-fast type of diet, where I'm drinking a shake in the morning, eating a protein meal bar in the afternoon, and a normal healthy meal at dinner. My snacks have been ranging from a small handful of nuts, to an apple or half a grapefruit. So far, since I moved here a week ago, I've lost around 8lbs, but I know that's mostly water weight. I've also joined a gym, working out for 15-30 minutes 3 days a week, focusing on cardio, but also doing full body workouts as well. My wife and kids move out here and into our home in June, so I'd love to show them that I'm making serious efforts in reshaping my life, so that I can at least see my kids graduate from high school.

There you have it, my introduction :)

Replies

• Jelise24
    Jelise24 Posts: 74 Member
    Hi Adam. Welcome! Sounds like you've got a solid plan in place and have been doing a great job so far. I've got about 100 lbs to lose and plan on being on MFP for quite some time. Feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like :)
  • ElectroJay
    ElectroJay Posts: 44 Member
    Welcome!

Making use of myfitnesspal's calorie counting diary and smartphone app really helped me reach my goals. If you haven't already, do give it a try. You won't be disappointed.
  • VeggieGal777
    VeggieGal777 Posts: 51 Member
    Hello Adam - Good luck!