my butt looks like

Options
jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
a deflated balloon! Help! It's actually my "buthigh" the smiley part underneath! I have these ugly deflated thingies going on:noway: ! I'm building muscle under, b/c when I tighten my butt, it's there, but just standing regular and took a peek at the back side of me, I was flabergasted! yuck!!! What do I do!?
I know you all are going to tell me squats, lunges, etc. Doing it.
I don't belong to a gym. I would love one of those machines where you lay on your belly and do reverse leg curls. But alas, don't.:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• jenbar
    Options
    a deflated balloon! Help! It's actually my "buthigh" the smiley part underneath! I have these ugly deflated thingies going on:noway: ! I'm building muscle under, b/c when I tighten my butt, it's there, but just standing regular and took a peek at the back side of me, I was flabergasted! yuck!!! What do I do!?
    I don't belong to a gym. I would love one of those machines where you lay on your belly and do reverse leg curls. But alas, don't.:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    You can do squats even if you dont go to the gym.
    I learned this a while back, not sure what the general opinion is BUT, heres another trick.

Bend your knees at a 90 degree angle and put your back against a wall so it looks like your sitting in an invisible chair, this will firm up your backside and thigh area if you do it frequently, its not the best method but it will work.

Try and stay in this position for 15-30 seconds and do it at a couple repetitions.
    I guarantee you will feel it if you do it enough.

Of course, you could ride a bike outside now that its warm or swim or jog.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Just do lunges and squats and things like that. Stand, with your legs apart, and lower yourself like you are sitting in a chair and then go back up. Do these whenever you get a chance. I do them while watching TV! LOL!
  • bodibykelli
    bodibykelli Posts: 135
    Options
    Yep....I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!!! I am an avid gym goer, runner, lunger, lifter, etc., and I hate to be the messenger, but that doesn't really "fluff" back up through exercise. When we start dropping weight, eventually we have to "pay the piper".....my butt "place" didn't see improvement until I gained this 7 pounds from quitting smoking (my whole butt got bigger). Now, I know that there are procedures that plastic surgeons do, in which they pull fat from another area of your body with a syringe and fill it into these "deflations", but it's not permanent (I think it can last up to a year). I preferered to be of the opinion that "if I can't see it, it doesn't exist" and tried my best not to stare at my backside in the mirror! :laugh:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    sagginess will even out over time..... it's because you've lost fat there and it hasn't filled in with muscle, or had time to snap back properly yet. Keep working hard, keep doing the lunges and squats and you will see imporvements over time :bigsmile:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I would go to Victoria's Secret and buy some of those body shaping jeans. They are AWESOME for your butt. That's at least a quick fix until you get your butt where you want it to be.
  • jenbar
    Options
    I would go to Victoria's Secret and buy some of those body shaping jeans. They are AWESOME for your butt. That's at least a quick fix until you get your butt where you want it to be.

It (my butt) looks fine in pants. I'm worried about bathing suits. I have a flat butt (thanks to my Dad) anyway, now it's flat AND droopy!
    I guess I gotta work harder on that area.
    Thanks for all the info!
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I dont' usually have a problem with my butt, but...

I am dreading the skinny boobs. I gain my weight in my abdomen and chest, so right now I've got very nice ones!

Last time I lost weight my boobs were pathetic (still looked okay with the right bra and shirt, but naked, they were a disaster). Look like 2 waterballoons with almost all the water leaked out of them. Totally deflated.

No amount of exercise is going to fix that. A boob job, maybe, but that's not really my speed.
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Everytime you go to sit down (in a chair on the couch whatever), get almost all the way down and slowly get back up - put your arms out in front of you for balance. If you do it a couple of times (ok more like 20x) here and there throughout the day you will see a vast improvement on your butt. Make sure you squeeze your cheeks together and clench and hold for a couple of seconds.

The other option is for you to adopt half my butt. I would be happy to hand it over. :laugh: :laugh:

Char :flowerforyou:
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    It'll firm-up somewhat over time....especially if you maintain a good cardio routine.

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

Also, in addition to the great exercises mentioned above, consider doing pistol squats and Bulgarian squats if you only have access to dumbbells. The key is to make the exercise difficult enough so the dumbbells you own will provide enough resistance.

(BTW, lunges & split squats >>>>>> leg curls) :wink:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Go here:
    http://www.shapefit.com/exercise.html

Go down to the 9th one down on the left.
    Tons of "butt training" workouts.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options

If it's the machine I"m thinking of (hamstring thing right?) You can do that at home too. Lay on a step (ball, bench, something elevated) and put a dumbell in between your feet and use that to curl up. - or try doing dead lifts. I love them and I can feel them up to my lower back. I'm sure you can google out to find correct form for dead lifts. I'm not sure what the other one is called. I just remember doing it in a pump (aerobic weights) class.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    well sweetheart , I guess this means your just gonna have to walk around with your bum permenantly clenched :noway:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    well sweetheart , I guess this means your just gonna have to walk around with your bum permenantly clenched :noway:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jenbar
    Options

I can't even do that b/c when I clench it's an ugly shape:sad: ! Not round! Good lord I have A LOT OF WORK TO DO!!! I guess it was "out of sight, out of mind!"
    Going to do squats RIGHT NOW!:wink: