Started again last week

Options
Hi

I really need to lose 2 stone. I feel like a massive big lump, even though I regularly exercise and am currently training for a 26 mile walk in London on 10th May. I don't sit at home eating crisps or stuffing my face with chocolate and sweets and biscuits, but I am really struggling to lose weight.

I absolutely hate the way I look, so the only way I can change this is by logging what I eat - I think this is the most sensible way forward and I will be able to see where I'm going wrong.

So, I started properly logging last week, and I really need to do this for more than 2 weeks this time. I am relatively fit due to the exercise plan I have (I walk every weekend in excess of 10 miles, I do a spin class and zumba every week and run twice a week so this isn't where the problem lies - it's what I'm eating.

Any help and support would be very welcome indeed - I WILL log my food every day and I will increase the amount of water I drink too as this is another thing I don't do very well.

In my first week, I haven't lost any weight which I'm disappointed with. I have taken my measurements which I'll do again in a months' time.

My diary is open, so if I'm going wrong anywhere, please let me know. I'm in this for the long haul and know it will take time. I'm 5'4, weigh 182lbs, 44 years old (only just!) and cook all my food from scratch. I really want to lose 2 stone by the summer!

Any help, support and advice would be great!

thank you all in advance ;-)

Replies

• crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much the same problem! I eat well (most of the time) log my food, and exercise yet I just don't seem to really lose weight - saw some pictures of myself this weekend and was most disheartened! but im carryinig on logging and chipping away at it!

in 12 weeks am off for a weekend away with lots of other people and not feeling the cossie moment!

feel free to add me, I log every day and hopefully give support !!!
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i think you should up your calories, 1200 is very hard to sustain long term and your more likely to get fed up and fall off the wagon, you seem to be doing a fair amount of exercise so thats not the problem, try going onto this site http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ put your stats in and see what calorie goal it gives you, i've been where you are and get how frustrating it is
    good luck x