Best healthy turkey meatloaf?

ambercole
ambercole Posts: 426
edited September 21 in Recipes
The hubs has requested meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner. I am wondering what your favorite healthy meatloaf recipe is. I searched the site but came back with alot of option to narrow down. TIA!

Replies

• bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Search for mjtwomail's "Turkey meatloaf?" thread...LOTS of yummy recipes there. ;-)
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    I have a great one:

1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
    1 onion, chopped
    1 bunch spinach, thick stems removed and leaves chopped (about 4 cups)
    1 cup fresh flat-leaf parlsey, chopped
    1/2 c whole-wheat bread crumbs (I can never find these so I use panko)
    2 T Dijon mustard
    1 large egg white
    Kosher salt and black pepper
    1/4 c ketchup

Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, combine the turkey, onion, spinach, parsley, bread crumbs, mustard, egg white, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.

Transfer mixture to a baking sheet and form it into a 10-inch loaf. Spread with the ketchup. Bake until cooked through, about 45-50 minutes.

I got this from a Real Simple recipe edition last year.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    after much experimentation I've discovered that (for me) I just couldnt come up with a 100% turkey meatloaf that my family and I like.
    Here's my recipe (its in a blog, scroll to the bottom for the actual recipe) http://craptofixifyouaintmartha.blogspot.com/2009/11/oh-meatloaf-how-i-lovehate-you-so.html
  • I have a great one:

1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
    1 onion, chopped
    1 bunch spinach, thick stems removed and leaves chopped (about 4 cups)
    1 cup fresh flat-leaf parlsey, chopped
    1/2 c whole-wheat bread crumbs (I can never find these so I use panko)
    2 T Dijon mustard
    1 large egg white
    Kosher salt and black pepper
    1/4 c ketchup

Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, combine the turkey, onion, spinach, parsley, bread crumbs, mustard, egg white, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.

Transfer mixture to a baking sheet and form it into a 10-inch loaf. Spread with the ketchup. Bake until cooked through, about 45-50 minutes.

I got this from a Real Simple recipe edition last year.

I LOVE the addition of spinach! I "hide" it in everything, including smoothies. I think I'm gonna try this one. Thanks!
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    For what its worth, my KIDS love it!!! I think the spinach helps keep it moist, too.
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    That recipe w/the spinach sounds great I think I am going to try it also.
This discussion has been closed.