First weigh-in and what a surprise!

Options
I know this is not yet a successful story but this morning I did my first weigh-in after a week on MFP. I taught I would have lost 1-2 lbs, was not really thinking I have lost more than that. Especially since yesterday I went at my mom’s place, and you guys know how much we eat at our momma’s house!

So I went a bit over my calories yesterday but I still managed to drop 9 lbs! Wow, I’m so amazed; I never taught I’d lose this much on the first week.

So this morning, I’m going my happy dance! :)

Replies

• 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! :flowerforyou: Keep it up. That is a great success.
  • momtofour
    momtofour Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    awsome. i've lost that much in 3 weeks (well almost just a 1/4 lb off) and im thinking im doing well, thats rocks
    X
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Great job! MFP is the best decision I have made in a long long time. Keep up the good work!
  • Aamilah
    Aamilah Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! That is so Awesome!!!!!!
  • tessb84
    tessb84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    congrats, thats awesome:flowerforyou:
  • Rubycherries
    Options
    Thank you guys! I know that since this is my first week that I will lose a bit more than usual (change of food, exercising for once)and that in a couple of days I'll go back to probably just losing 1-2 lbs per week but I was so amazed at the difference good eating, exercising and MFP can do.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    That is great, but don't be surpised if it drops to 1 or 2 lbs a week. Dropping it slowly over time is so much better than very fast drops.
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, that is so great! Keep it up chicka! :)
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Excellent start!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Well done xxx
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's awesome! :)
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    wow!!!

F:flowerforyou: A:flowerforyou: N:flowerforyou: T:flowerforyou: A:flowerforyou: S:flowerforyou: T:flowerforyou: I:flowerforyou: C:flowerforyou:

You should be feeling extremely proud... :happy:
  • naguilar210
    Options
    GREAT JOB, HUN!
    When I first started losing weight, I too was losing about 15-20 pounds a month, then it finally slowed to 1-2 pounds a week.
    It feels amazing, doesnt it? Makes you want to keep going!
    Good luck with your weight loss :)
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    And, the closer you get to your goal, the slower it gets. Trust me.

Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful start! Whatever you are doing, keep it up!
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Great! That is a wonderful way to begin your journey!

1630152.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    <~~~~~~~~~ is doing a happy dance with you! That is a great loss! Your weight loss will probably cut back after your system adjusts to the changes you have thrown at it, but WOW... what a jumpstart! That kind of beginning will serve to fuel your new passion for a brand new way of life!

Enjoy the rest of your day and keep up the excellent work!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Terrific job, what part of this isn't a success story?

We're all doing this one day at at a time. You just had a successful week. That's a great success story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!