FitBit Flex Newbie

Options
Good Morning MFP friends - Happy Hump Day - - I am very excited, I just received my new FitBit Flex in the mail yesterday - I have done a little bit of research myself - As I am setting it up today....Looking to see if anyone would have any advice for a newbie??

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If your fitbit syncs all the time then early in the morning you may see a negative calorie adjustment (basically yourfit bit is saying you have been a lazy bum and only taken 100 steps today so it takes some calories away from you). You can either wait it out because it will give them back as you earn them, or disable this feature. To do that go to apps, settings, and find the "negative calorie adjustments" setting and turn it off.

If you want to put in exercise in MFP that fitbit tracks (walking or running) then make sure you set the start time and durration on the exercise accurately. Otherwise this may trick the system into thinking you did it twice (setting the time correctly tells MFP to ignore any calories fitbit gives you for that time)

Those are the two most common questions I see on here.

Have fun, love my fitbit!
  • Rogue_228
    Rogue_228 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit One, I love it. I let it calculate all of my activity and I have it linked to myfitness pal so that it automatically puts in my activity in MFP. Basically I only log my food in MFP and let the fitbit do it's job. Everytime I sync my fitbit it sends that activity to MFP. There is also a league you can join called fitbitleague.com You start out in League D and then every month they take the top 25 and move them to League C and so on. They also take the last 25 from every league and demote them. It's fun to compete a little. If you want add me as a friend here or on fitbit!
  • mykeida
    mykeida Posts: 15
    Options
    How do you set the start time? Is it done on the flex or manually on mfp. Thanks
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    How do you set the start time? Is it done on the flex or manually on mfp. Thanks
    I think you do this by going to your Fitbit page.
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Love mine. Wear it everywhere but the shower. I can get a little "funky" if you don't keep it dry. Had to move my watch to the right arm to get the Flex to my non-dominant left. It had occured to me how many steps I was accruing just brushing my teeth. ;>)