159cm/5'2 girls maintenance cal?

Options
I'm always wondering if I've got my maintenance cal right so I wanna have a rough idea of how much you all are eating and see if I should adjust my maintenance cal to test out.
So can you girls share with me your maintenance calorie with your height, weight and activity level.?
Thank you!

Replies

• MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a bit different than you, but close so here you go:

Height- 5'3"
    Weight - 102
    Maintenance calories - 1460 (net)
    Activity level - Sedentary (full time desk job)

I also workout 5 days a week and I eat back the exercise calories for those days. Anddd... before anyone freaks out over me being underweight, know that I am doing a slow gain to get back up to 104.5-108lbs. The calories I listed above though are my maintenance calories. I'm actually eating about 150-200 calories more than that a day (equaling around 1610-1660) until I get back to my goal weight. Hope that helps!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    5'2" here and 107-108 pounds. I average 1700-1800 calories per day and would consider myself lightly active. I technically have a desk job, but my work environment is such that I do get to move around some during the day. I'm not a heavy exerciser but I am consistent and shoot for 30-45 minutes of walking at least 3-4 times a week. And I have a three year old, which definitely counts for something!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    For me, I'm maintaining a much higher weight than previous posters...

height: 5'2
    weight: 135
    maintenance calories: 1580
    activity level - sedentary

My workouts vary so much, I find it easier to eat back my activity calories. I use a HRM to determine my calorie burn during a workout and a FitBit to determine my daily burn (because even though I have sedentary job, I make sure I walk a lot throughout the day).

Maintenance has been hard for me, so I'm still learning exactly what does and doesn't work for me. I think the trick to maintenance, is patience. It may take a while to find your "sweet spot" but once you do, then it makes all the work worthwhile!
  • icyblue13
    icyblue13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    158 cm/5'2 and 95 lbs (43 kgs)
    I usually eat around 1400-1500 kcal. I have a sedentary job, I work from home at my desk all day so I have to make sure to move every day. My goal is to walk between 30 min and 1 hour and to do Blogilates between 30 min to 1 hour everyday. My Fitbit helps me also to stay on track.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a bit different than you, but close so here you go:

Height- 5'3"
    Weight - 102
    Maintenance calories - 1460 (net)
    Activity level - Sedentary (full time desk job)

I also workout 5 days a week and I eat back the exercise calories for those days. Anddd... before anyone freaks out over me being underweight, know that I am doing a slow gain to get back up to 104.5-108lbs. The calories I listed above though are my maintenance calories. I'm actually eating about 150-200 calories more than that a day (equaling around 1610-1660) until I get back to my goal weight. Hope that helps!

I don't think that you're underweight at 102. It would depend entirely on your build.
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    Hey! I am...

5'3"
    115 pounds
    And maintain at around 2850/day total. I have a very active job and lift heavy and am training to run 13.1 miles. I am abnormally active and have to eat a lot to compensate.
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options

I don't think that you're underweight at 102. It would depend entirely on your build.

In general, my build (medium-small) would allow for the weight I'm at, but I'm not too happy with it (BMI aside, since that one is the technical part of being 'underweight'). I don't really have a lot of bones showing (my hip bones show, but they've been showing since around 112-115 and my ribs only show if I raise my arms or suck in). The slow gain I'm doing is because the last few pounds that came off were in my 'lady-curve' zones, haha, so I'm looking to get those returned.

*edited for typo
  • readytolive2014
    Options
    I am 5/2 and around 450. I am a big girl that being said I am on a 1,200 cal diet. I am looking to lose at least 5lbs a week if not more. I can not walk right now due to having arthritis in my knee and just can not step on it with out the worst pain ever, so at the moment the only exercise I can do and do do is sitting down. I have been on my diet for almost a month now and even tho I can't weight my self I can feel around and know I have lost weight. I am guessing I have lost around 15lbs or more. If that helps you at all . Good luck with everything. :)
  • Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    5'2". 5-6 days a week- HIIT boot camp and progressive weight lifting. 144 pounds; size 4-6; 2000-2400 cals per day for about 10 months now. I will go down to 140 in certain times of the month but hover at 143-144 at the most.

I am 44, have three daughters, married, work full time.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm 118 pounds maintaining (5'4", though) and eat about 1500/day. Sedentary job.
  • xjckemx
    xjckemx Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5' 2". Currently maintaining around 116 give or take a llb! I'd say I'm lightly active and am generally always on my feet on the go. I don't have a set workout routine, some weeks none other weeks 5 days! So I aim for 1500 cals a day without exercise! Although I have more on Saturdays but find I make up for that at beginning of week!
  • foxruddellc1
    foxruddellc1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 23 years old, size 5 pants, 5'3, 134lbs and mfp says that at sedimentary, I should eat 1660 a day. But I am also getting back into weight lifting and walking a lot, but I count that separately and eat back calories if I am hungry.

Also, I have had a lot more energy lately because I just recently upped my calories from losing weight, but 1600-1800 calories is feeling like a lot of food without eating fried stuff :happy:
  • KKishaA
    KKishaA Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    31yrs
    5'0ft
    112lbs
    Size 0-2
    I waitress 4 times a week and teach aerobics 5 times a week. I also walk with friends. I have been slowly getting leaner on about 2000k a day. Average daily burn between 2300-3000k.
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing with me your informations! I will definitely use them as references!
  • addictedtosweat
    Options
    I work out 7 days a week but 2 of those days I consider pretty easy days. I weigh about 125 lbs atm. I mostly strength train, so a lot of me is muscle. I eat 1200-1500 cals daily. :)
  • Wingg_
    Options
    I work out 7 days a week but 2 of those days I consider pretty easy days. I weigh about 125 lbs atm. I mostly strength train, so a lot of me is muscle. I eat 1200-1500 cals daily. :)

1200-1500cal including exercise cal?
  • addictedtosweat
    Options

Yupp!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    5'1, roughly 2000 calories a day. I have a pretty active job and I strength train at the gym 3-4 times a week.
  • Wingg_
    Options

Yupp!

Are you losing or maintaining? I'm 5'2 43kg(I'm my underweight btw. I calculated my bmi using my country health promotion board bmi calculator) 159cm working out 7days a week all pretty low intensity(but I do climb the stairs instead of taking the elevator&lift) and eating 1640 daily...
  • Wingg_
    Options
    5'1, roughly 2000 calories a day. I have a pretty active job and I strength train at the gym 3-4 times a week.

What kind of training do you do??