Best Inexpensive Bathroom Scale

Options
Vune
Vune Posts: 672 Member
I finally have a little money to spend on equipment, and I've been using the old analog scale at my boyfriend's house. I'd like to treat myself to a new one. I have a measuring tape, but I'm also a kidney transplant patient, so it's important for me to track daily fluctuations.

My price limit is about $25 (if you can still get a scale that cheaply), and I don't need any bells or whistles. What is your favorite cheap scale?

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I think the one I got was from Walmart and it was like $15.

I don't necessarily it matters what kind of scale you use. If you lose weight, any scale will show a decrease. Obviously the scales in the DRs office are more "official" but regardless...you will still see a loss of weight.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I usually go for scales that give me a weight at least within .2 pounds. I used to have one that only estimated to half a pound, and that was frustrating because it didn't show weight loss as well.

The most important thing, though, is consistency. Just make sure you always use the same scale in the same outfit (or naked :P)
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the one I got was from walmart and wasn't even $25 I don't believe. They all work. Maybe not forever, but mine have always lasted several years.
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I got an EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale from Amazon for $29 that I like, but I'm sure you can buy something even cheaper if you look around.
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I finally have a little money to spend on equipment, and I've been using the old analog scale at my boyfriend's house. I'd like to treat myself to a new one. I have a measuring tape, but I'm also a kidney transplant patient, so it's important for me to track daily fluctuations.

My price limit is about $25 (if you can still get a scale that cheaply), and I don't need any bells or whistles. What is your favorite cheap scale?

I work at Walmart, and we have 5 different scales from different brands, all a range of prices. Our 'mainstays' brand has the cheapest scales!
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    i'm looking at buying this one

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_img?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2JJTFXDFMEMGU&coliid=I3GJFJ8W1HHTNZ

I have a beam scale at work and get weighed in once a week, but still want one for my house. I mean really, how can one be into fitness without a scale (I don't own one. lol)
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    You do not have to get the expensive scales, if you don't need to. At my local drug store I saw a ton of scales for 20 dollars and under, including The Biggest Loser scale. I'm not sure what the prices are elsewhere, but probably similar and 25 dollars and under. I know Taylor products are often around 20-25 dollars as well!

I have a Taylor lithium scale we bought in 2006 for 30 dollars ( almost time for a new one ) but its still working and I think its within my normal limits of weight.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I got an EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale from Amazon for $29 that I like, but I'm sure you can buy something even cheaper if you look around.

^^ -- Me too. It's good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KXZ808
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options

^^ -- Me too. It's good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KXZ808

I literally just bought it on amazon just now.
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just finally bought a new one - I had a electronic digital Weight Watchers scale I probably bought at least 5 years ago and it was always temperamental. Sometimes it would show 0 when you were on it - you had to be standing just right. I hated it, so found a new one that had good ratings on Amazon.com and it was $25. One of the reasons I like it is that you don't have to reset it - you can just step directly on it. It had good ratings so I ordered it after reading the reviews. I have liked it so far, but I've only had it for a few weeks. BalanceFrom High Accuracy Digital Bathroom Scale with 4.3" Extra Large Cool Blue Backlight Display and "Smart Step-On" Technology [NEWEST VERSION]
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the awesome replies! It's good to know I'll have choices when i go shopping. I did a search before posting and other people seem to be buying the more expensive ones.
  • hillarayray
    Options
    I bought a Taylor scale from Walmart for $25, it rounds to the nearest 0.2 of a pound. I really like it for the most part.