Looking for help

Options
Okay so I am wondering if you all have any recommendations on protein powders. I don't want to beef up, and I will be using the shake/drink as a meal replacement. My goal is to go from my current weight 231 to 185. Any advice is helpful advice!!

Thanks is advance.

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm not a protein snob so people might have better products...

I use Six Star Pro Nutrition 100% Whey. Vanilla.

I mix it with milk and peanut butter in a blender.

It's fairly inexpensive too.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Why would you use a liquid calories, which will do practically nothing for satiety, as a a meal replacement, especially if you're trying to lose weight?
  • knel1982
    knel1982 Posts: 109
    Options
    I guess I am not sure. I am open to any advice that people might have for anything that might help.
  • pancakemix16
    pancakemix16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I drink Lean 25 French Vanilla from GNC. I drink it because I want the protein and I can't eat egg. I make it with unsweetened almond milk, and a cup of fruit, 1 or 2 scoops of protein. So my breakfast is 180-280 calories and I stay full for a full 4hrs.
  • benlambrou
    benlambrou Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum: Gold Standard 100% Whey. But Real Food should be used first. I premake meals for the week and its as easy as making a shake just since all i have to do is microwave.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    If the goal is to lose weight, I doubt this is the best idea. You will not feel as full as when eating a regular meal.