breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• erin6989
    erin6989 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I alternate between a homemade breakfast sandwich (with High fiber english muffin, one slice of canadian bacon, one Thin slice of Sargento cheese, and egg beaters) or I have a protein shake. I haven't had cereal since I started this journey, and I shoot for at least 15g of protein at breakfast.
  • savedglory
    savedglory Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Clif bars are my saving grace most mornings: high protein and very filling. Also, yummy flavors that don't necessarily taste like "protein bars". Downside: they're high in sugar. But seriously, a clif bar and a cup of coffee?? It's magic.

There's also a really good recipe I found a few years ago for a protein packed "mock oatmeal", and it's pretty amazing:

* take 1 egg and whisk in microwave safe bowl. Add 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (low fat, low sugar, whatever kind works best for you!), a capful of sugar-free (or your choice) maple syrup, a pinch of brown sugar, a pinch of cinnamon.
    * Mix until combined and not lumpy.
    * Microwave on high 3 minutes. Let stand about 1 min. Eat, and enjoy!! I've also added nuts, vanilla, and you can ideally add fruit, chocolate, or whatever gets you going. It's just a great protein-filled way to get full for a small, quick breakfast.

Also, tamagoyaki! It's a Japanese "omelet" of sorts. Basically, a combination of eggs (or egg beaters or egg whites), sugar (I used splenda), and soy sauce (I use low sodium), rolled into a sushi-like little roll. The hardest part is rolling it, but I get lazy sometimes and just make it a plain old omelet and it's delish. Kind of like a sweet and salty egg crepe.

My fiancee is obsessed with Chobani Yogurt Flips. They're between 180-230 calories of Greek yogurt with some amazing toppings like coconut flakes, chocolate chips, pistachios. I am partial to the banana or coconut flavors, and they feel very much like a cheat.