Back at it...

Options
I lost about 15lbs using mfp 2 years ago, and gained it all back. :( I am DETERMINED this time to not f&^k it up. So....I ask you this.... if I do a circuit training video, let's say from 20 to 40 minutes 5 days a week and do 10,000 steps at least 5 days per week, and follow my given 1350 calories a day, will it work? I am looking to lose (at the least) 10lbs by the end of April. Thanks a bunch :)

Replies

• jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    BMI-Calculator.net

Find your BMR, do the math. Weight loss is 90% a mathematical equation.
  • juicymisslucy
    juicymisslucy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes...I get that it is mathematical. I guess I may have not worded my question properly. Is there any other excercising besides what I have stated that would help, or is the dvd/steps enough (providing I follow my calorie guidelines) ? Thank you people for the help. :)
  • juicymisslucy
    Options
    I am looking for people who may have had a goal such as this? I am 5 '4.5 cw: 147
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Exercise doesn't really matter that much, just gives you more calories (and is great for your health!) but for weight loss, it happens in the kitchen.
  • danabm
    danabm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The DVDs will get you started, but eventually you will have to try something else. The body gets use to a certain workout and it won't be challenging anymore. Be sure to mix it up. When it is nice outside try to go for a walk outside. Walking is great for fitness.

Honestly I was in the same boat as you. I started to lose weight 2 years ago (I did not know about MFP at the time). I lost 8 lbs. by just eating the right portion sizes for a year, then found MFP and bought an elliptical and started jogging when it got warmer, but I fell off the wagon and put it all back on. I have gone back to using MFP and exercise. I think the key is build up your exercise. Do not go all out in the beginning.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Well she is correct up there by saying it starts in the kitchen. Also please realize that you are only giving yourself 6 weeks to lose 10 pounds. Maybe extend that to the end of May so that you don't just set yourself up for disappointment. Good Luck!
  • juicymisslucy
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, I think I went too gung ho last time so it didn't work for me. This time around i have set some realistic goals and am considering this a lifestyle change.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, I think I went too gung ho last time so it didn't work for me. This time around i have set some realistic goals and am considering this a lifestyle change.

exactly. don't make it a race for yourself or you will set yourself up for failure. I'm almost at 10lbs down and its been 2 months. I have found that the key to my success is recognizing my "little" success', losing 1 pound is a success, losing 2 that's great. Set up some mini goals and try to keep the stress at a minimum.
  • juicymisslucy
    Options
    I find I am very good at getting my steps in, and doing a dvd before 3pm, after that it is pure will power not to eat everything my eyes see.