Anyone have a fit bit? or Nike Fuel Band?

Options
I am thinking of getting one... I was told they help take your fitness and weight loss levels to a more accurate level.. not to mention to me its more of something I could see since I bought I, I better use it.

Any reviews or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• drapleb
    drapleb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit, and I really like it. It helps push me everyday to meet the goals that are set daily. FitBit syncs with MFP and I find that to be extra helpful also. With the two apps syncing together, I feel it ensures I am eating within the correct amount of calories for the day.
  • kwilmington
    Options
    I was thinking of getting a FitBit but the reviews on amazon were pretty bad. I THINK it was a 3 out of 5 stars. with around 1500-ish reviews? :/

In the end I opted for a Polar HRM. It does what I need it to do. Granted you only "use" it when you are working out where those bands seems like to be a wear all day kinda thing?
  • tbucks
    tbucks Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit one. It goes in my pocket and pushes me to make little adjustments to add steps to my normal routine. A great motivator. So far so good.
  • gwhamon
    gwhamon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I spoke to three people who got the Nike Fuel band and they all had problems within the first 6 months. I recently picked up the FitBit One and love it. My wife has had the FitBit Ultra for over a year and it's still going strong.
  • SarahMarieYates
    SarahMarieYates Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Flex and I love it. I also have the FitBit Aria smart scale as well.

I love that it syncs with MFP and can take away calories or give you calories depending on your activity for the day. It also tracks my sleep quality which I like as well. I wear mine 24/7 except for the shower (which you actually can get it wet but I just choose not to).

I bought mine on Amazon for like $89.
  • shellbatronic
    Options
    I love my FuelBand. I wear it every day unless I'm dressing up for something formal. I've had it for about 6 months now and had no problems at all. I love all the graphs and especially having a performance metric to compare that isn't relative to an individual like steps or calorie burn estimations.
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I've been a Fitbit Fan for about three years now. I've got family on board now too (my two boys, my parents, my brothers and their wives). I wrote a pretty detailed blog post about all the feedback you get ...

http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2013/08/wondering-about-fitbit.html

It is just a gadget, it isn't going to "make" you lose weight ... but it might just motivate you to move more. It does me! I love to add another "spike" to my activity graph and make sure I hit my step and active minutes goal. I really like how MFP and Fitbit work together too. Some people have said they think the Fitbit overestimates a bit. I do try to err on the side of caution, and not eat back all my exercise calories.

As far as Fitbit vs other things (Nike Fuelband, Jawbone, a multitude of others) I do think Fitbit was there first ... they are established in the fitness community. MFP links with them, as do a multitude of other companies. I'm linked to PACT, and several other reward sites. I've actually earned $$ (enough to have paid for my Fitbit!) just by linking up. I've also donated a bunch (everymove, earndit, weightlessproject, etc.)

I'm a Fitbit fan for life!
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have used both the FitBit One and the FitBit Flex, and I gotta say. I love my FitBit...
    Just like drapleb said, it syncs with MFP, so when I go for walks on my break, I don't bother logging it.
    Even though I purchased mine from Amazon and had an issue with my One, Customer Service was awesome with replacing it. All I had to do was send them a receipt (which I was able to online, no problem) and they shipped my new tracker within the week.

It's all personal taste, I know the reviews vary, but for general use and getting me to move more, I have no complaints!
  • _TEMPEST_
    _TEMPEST_ Posts: 205
    Options
    I had a Nike Fuel Band. I never had problems with its function but found it to be rather useless overall.

It counted my steps and calories but was rather inaccurate (somehow I would rack up steps while driving or at my desk). It didn't link with MFP which made it frustrating to log. It also didn't register correctly if I was biking or running...forget about swimming, because you can't get it wet in the least! It's a cool gimmick and has a nifty website, makes you feel good when the lights sparkle after reaching your goal for the day.

I have not had a Fit Bit so I can't compare them, but there's my .02 on the Fuel Band.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing my Fitbit Flex for almost 2 weeks now. I have to admit, I love it a lot more than I expected to. I love how it adjusts my calories on MFP based on my activity level. It seems to do a good job estimating calories. If I'm just walking around I let Fitbit do the calorie adjustments. But, if I'm doing straight cardio, I over write Fitbits calorie burn with my HRM burn, since I know my HRM is more accurate.
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Has anyone experienced the problem of not being able to get their Fitbit to charge? It seems to take me forever to get it to connect. It seems as though loose. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. Thanks!
  • gregpie32
    gregpie32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with it not syncing. I did a factory reset, and it was good to go.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit. It's not perfectly accurate--one of the annoying things about the Flex is that it won't give you much at all for biking and doesn't keep track of stairs, which I believe some of the other models are better at. But it is so helpful in both showing you how much you are walking in a particular day and in encouraging you to walk more.

It's actually caused me to like the fact that my commute involves a half mile walk between my house and the L (train to work). And any errand I can walk vs. drive, it tips the scale toward walking, even despite my usual hatred of winter weather.

The sleep function is pretty cool too.
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I have had my fitbit for a year and really like it. I love that it integrates with so many apps and that it is wireless. It does encourage me to move more every day. I am very competitive with myself and love to beat the number from the day or week before.