How to measure sandwiches?

Options
Hi guys,

Today I had for lunch , a Turkey, ham and cheese sandwich, it was quite large. like 10 inches.

So I putted on the Diary 2 Sandwiches, but what is the correct way of measuring that?

For example for me a 5 inches sandwich could be one sandwich, but for Maddona a Sandwich is a 12 inches sandwich, and maybe Hetfield thinks a sandwich is a 3 inches sandwich,

So how do we measure it?

The diary size of measurement is "1 sandwich", yeah but the definition could vary from person to person.

Replies

• Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Put in the individual items separately.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Measure and weigh each ingredient in the sandwich and log them :]
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    by the weight of the individual ingrediants..

bread what kind? homemade? how many grams.
    Turkey (how many grams)
    Ham how many grams
    What kind of cheese and how many grams?

Mustard? Mayo? Butter?
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I would go to Subway's website to try to figure it out compared to their nutritional scale.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Sorry if I didn't catch it, but is this an ordered sandwich or you made it?

I don't weigh every little thing that goes into my mouth, but I try to weigh sandwiches, especially the meat.

If you ate it from a sandwich shop, I would do your best to guess what you ate and try to stay a little under your calorie goal to make sure.
  • acarmelo1
    acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Its was from the deli of a supermarket chain, they don't have an entry on calories or nothing like that. I just had to do a mental count.
  • acarmelo1
    Options
    Sorry if I didn't catch it, but is this an ordered sandwich or you made it?

I don't weigh every little thing that goes into my mouth, but I try to weigh sandwiches, especially the meat.

If you ate it from a sandwich shop, I would do your best to guess what you ate and try to stay a little under your calorie goal to make sure.

Yeah, I will definitely do exercise today, and eat a light dinner.
  • acarmelo1
    Options
    by the weight of the individual ingrediants..

bread what kind? homemade? how many grams.
    Turkey (how many grams)
    Ham how many grams
    What kind of cheese and how many grams?

Mustard? Mayo? Butter?

I cant count the grams while eating on the street. XD
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    if you ordered it from a chain , they all have nutrition listings on website - if not then you can do rough comparative estimate - certainly would not log as 1 sandwich , like you said too subjective, but if it was the size of say a Jason turkey club(yum) and app x the same ing. you're probably in the ballpark on that, and allow for about 100 cal leeway.
  • acarmelo1
    Options
    if you ordered it from a chain , they all have nutrition listings on website - if not then you can do rough comparative estimate - certainly would not log as 1 sandwich , like you said too subjective, but if it was the size of say a Jason turkey club(yum) and app x the same ing. you're probably in the ballpark on that, and allow for about 100 cal leeway.

In the country where I live(Panama), is not mandatory for them to put how many calories or nutritional facts the products contains.
    Only some people do it.

So when you got to a deli, or local restaurant you just have to do it mentally and compare with similar products.