I can redeem myself!

Options
I have snacked away my calories. I have 174 calories left for the day. If I go for a walk I should be able to eat dinner....ugh!!

Replies

• CharleeCali
    CharleeCali Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You can start over tomorrow, don't beat yourself up, and don't even let this ruin the rest of your day. I stress eat, too. Right now I'd like to fall into a vat of Cheetos and eat my way out.
  • shakeray1173
    Options
    thank you! I shouldn't expect perfection after mindlessly eating for years
  • pancakemix16
    pancakemix16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've had plenty of days like these. Its ok, go for your walk, and eat a healthy dinner. Tomorrow is a new day!! :wink:
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I would stay away from the "Redemption" narrative. Sure, it might momentarily feel good because it's dramatic but part of you realizes that you're over-reacting. But being more or less consistent is boring and rather hard.
  • juicymisslucy
    juicymisslucy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It's just one day :) We can do this!!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    me too, I do it all the time. There is just too much temptation out there with food. I go for a light dinner, soup, tuna, cottage cheese or something like that.
  • kmglennie
    kmglennie Posts: 40
    Options
    I find a good way to prevent this from happening is to log all my meals and snacks in advance, and this helps me from making calorie-blowing mistakes. If I don't eat everything on my list, it's easy to remove things.
  • Renneke
    Renneke Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My goal is to keep my weekly average below my daily limit. That way I can have a bad day or a meal out during the week and still come in below my average by eating slightly below on most days.

Don't beat yourself up. Just keep going.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    At least you're aware of what's happening and can plan better tomorrow! Good work!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    And make those last calories of the day count--make it high in protein, low in fat (i.e. base of yogurt, tuna, chicken, or egg whites) so it's filling.
  • lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    Options
    Don't wait for tomorrow to begin again, start right now! Go for your walk and have a healthy dinner. You can do it!!! I have my calories as a weekly goal for days like this...
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    We all fail at some point. It is only temporary. Eat a healthy dinner, go for a walk, and try to plan better for tomorrow.

I try to log my food for the entire day, so I don't go over, If I don't eat something, I can always take it off at the end.

Good luck!
  • lannabelle
    lannabelle Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    One day is not worth stressing over, it happens. It's only your 3rd day, I think you're doing great! Go for a walk, have a healthy dinner and if you're over, accept it, see it as a learning experience and have a better day tomorrow. I prelog most days in the morning while I'm eating breakfast. It makes me feel in control of my day, let's me know how much extra exercise I may need, and focuses me on my goals in general. If my dinner plans change over the course of the day it's easy to add / delete items on the go using the app :)
  • cakesyme
    cakesyme Posts: 20
    Options
    We all have our falls. Every single one of us. We all have days where we just want to curl up into a ball and just eat away all our frustration, but that's okay. It really is. as long as you get right back up tomorrow, and make it better then that day can go into the past, and forgotten. Because you got back up and you fought. Day by day it's a struggle so don't hit yourself. Hitting yourself isn't good for making rainbows of success.

Keep on truckin' girl! Keep on truckin'.