losing 110 pounds in a year,

Options
2»

Replies

• MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    "losing 110 lbs in a year" is thinking big picture. To get those results, try thinking small picture. Like, what is one habit I can change or improve upon in my daily life.

Examples:
    I'll bring a packed lunch every day to work.
    I'm going to lift every Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
    I'm going to learn how to cook one new meal a week.
    I'm going to drink water at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Once you get a new habit down for 2-3 weeks, pick another one. Don't try to do them all at once, you have a limited supply of willpower.

All these little changes will add up quickly, and you'll reach your long term goals.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    "losing 110 lbs in a year" is thinking big picture. To get those results, try thinking small picture. Like, what is one habit I can change or improve upon in my daily life.

Examples:
    I'll bring a packed lunch every day to work.
    I'm going to lift every Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
    I'm going to learn how to cook one new meal a week.
    I'm going to drink water at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Once you get a new habit down for 2-3 weeks, pick another one. Don't try to do them all at once, you have a limited supply of willpower.

All these little changes will add up quickly, and you'll reach your long term goals.

Great point! I did something similar!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I can't speak to anything else you have said in terms of goals but it most certainly is possible to burn 1,000 calories a day. If you run everyday for just 30 minutes at 5.5 mph (which is really more "jogging" than running) you would burn 500+ calories. Say you do that every morning then in the evening go for a long walk and / or one of those aerobic vids like T25, that would definitely get you 1000 calories down a day. Now of course, you might eat those back but your question was can you "burn 1,00 calories?" Hard work? Absolutely, but very possible.
    I think your numbers are inflated. I run an average of 6.2 mph for 55 minutes and I burn about 500 calories.