Has anyone done a squat challenge?

Options
I've been really busy with work & family and have fallen out of my 3 visits/week to the gym. (I've only been exercising regularly again since January and am a bit out of shape.) Not sure if I'm going to free up any time in the very near future, but I'm looking to do something at home so I'm at least staying a little active. Does anyone have any thoughts on squats?

Thanks!
Margaret

Replies

• sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Yes - do them.
  • sparillo
    sparillo Posts: 6
    Options
    To get the max from the minimum, do squats, pushups, planks, and jump rope/jumping jacks. It's a good way to increase your fitness at home with little time.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Do them. Do them over and over. Squats give you a purty backside! And some sneaky core strengthening!
  • itsmedosia
    Options
    Do you have any free weights at home?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Love my squats and my lunges. I do them with weights.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    To get the max from the minimum, do squats, pushups, planks, and jump rope/jumping jacks. It's a good way to increase your fitness at home with little time.

Agreed! I started doing squats without weights about a year ago, then changed to a goblet squat and recently bought a bar and am increasing the weight amount as I can. Starting this way allowed me to get my balance and form correct before progressing.

Some Yoga poses are pretty good too; Warrior 1, 2, 3 and Tree.

good luck.
  • Thencalisays
    Thencalisays Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges, your booty and hamstrings are some of the only places you can "spot tone". They are also some of the biggest muscle groups in your body, the more you build them the higher you will boost your metabolism. I suggest getting a dumbell set to help add a little weight to your squats and lunges. Add jump squats or paratroopers (what my trainer called traveling jump lunges). I will also pull up a zumba channel on youtube and play it through for 30 minute to an hour for some cardio.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    That's how I started...and it gave my butt a major boost..

I then added weights to them..another boost

Now I squat heavy weights (175lbs on a bar) and yah...

Squats are the bomb for your bum....can't say enough about them.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yup..I did it...it REALLY does work! :)