low carb diet?

tmaksparkie
tmaksparkie Posts: 279
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I am coming off a low carb diet and wanted to know if anyone has any advice? I lost 117 lbs on the low carb diet but due to being on it so long my mood was in jeperdy so I am transiting off of it. I have about 20 lbs more to loose that would be my goal weight of 125lbs and I am 5'4" so middle range for healthy weight I am currently at 144 lbs. Any advice I would love. I don't know where. My calorie range should be, the low carb diet I was on was only 1000 cals a day but I do own a bodybugg and do know I burn 2400cals on avrg in a 24 hr period not including the cals I burn when I go to the gym. I did do the goals on here and they put me at 1300 cals a day so we will see I guess. I expect my weight to go up and then back down because of the carb change so doing that slowly.

Replies

• SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Try your best to stay at 1200 calories a day and no less. You can setup your profile for Carbs 40% of your calories, Protein 30% of your calories and Fat 30% of your calories in goals- customize. I wouldn't recommend going below 40% carbs, it is just the right balance for you to continue to lose weight. After you have been there while you can set the goals back to guided which will increase your carbs. I have trouble eating more the 40% carbs, I always blow up the proteins.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    start adding the carbs slowly and strictly. I've known many people coming off a low carb diet who go nuts binging once they start eating. Add in oatmeal with breakfast for a few days, then something at dinner like brown rice, sweet potatoes, couscous ect... and make up the difference in calories from what you used to eat to what you need to be eating with more fruits & veggies. you know your body well enough that you were able to tell your mood was being affected by the low carb, listen to your body tell you when you've gotten to a level of carbs that is right for you. I have heard that adults should stay over 150 carbs per day to be healthy and keep their body running.

good luck!!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    WOW 1000 calories way to low and you may have set yourself up for some weight gain back so dont freak out let your body adjsut. If your doing good complex carbs go for whole grains, oats, red potato, veggies and fruit.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    I'm sure someone has already said it but I think the thing is to add good carbs, not cookies and cakes and do it SLOWLY.
  • So what does everyone do for your exercise calories, do you eat them back or how does that all work.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,559 Member
    I eat some of mine. MFP says I should eat 1390 a day to lose 1 lb. per week. I need 1600 a day to not feel hungry but I work out a lot. So I eat 1600 pretty consistently with the occasional splurge. So far that is working for me and I feel like I have a little cushion in case I don't measure my portions exactly right or calculate the calories consumed exactly.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    i eat back some, just because I dont have the appetite to eat the 1700+ calories that my workouts allow me. basically I plan my meals out to use up all my regular calories and keep a few extra high protein snacks (almonds, LF cheese, lunch meat ect...) and 1 carb (I like the 100 calorie cliff bars, whole grain and filling) around so that if I get hungry I have something good to eat and I dont make myself feel guilty if I eat any or all of my snacks (as long as I'm only eating them when I'm legitimately hungry and not just bored!)
This discussion has been closed.