60g of sugar???

Options
So, I have gained back 10lbs. The first time around I lost 40 lbs by doing the south beach diet. I recently came back to MFP to start tracking again and i noticed the sugar allowance has gone up to 60 g a day based on my current weight, and me wanting to lose a pound a week. It used to be about 33 g a day. I'm conflicted on how accurate is this as I'm very sugar conscious. Can anyone shed light on this. Also, it seems no matter how much I try to eat I am always under my daily calorie goal and over the protein limit. I would really appreciate any suggestions on how to up the calories while keeping the protein and carbs limited to my daily allowance. My diary is public. Thanks!

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I treat protein as a minimum, not a limit. I wouldn't be concerned at all about exceeding that.

To answer your question about how to keep up calories but not protein or carbs, the answer is fat :) Avocado, nuts, nut butters, oil, coconut, etc.

Do what you prefer regarding sugar. I keep an eye on added sugars but don't sweat natural sugars from fruit or dairy.