Yay for lil moments :)

Options
I started C25K this morning. Alarm rang at 5am and out into the rain we went!

I have 5 kids, and my 13 year old has chosen to do the program with me. :) so proud of him.

We both actually did way better than we thought we would..

Bring on Wednesday! Day 2 here we come!

Replies

• SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, very nice your 13 year old is joining you.

Karen
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am having a redo on week 1 this week. Didnt quite get my 3 days in last week so I'd rather have a do-over. My 8 year old is doing some of it with me.
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Fantastic xxx
  • jmmtaylor
    Options
    That's awesome. I never heard of this so I googled it....I might actually try it (if I can find someone to watch my kids while I do it).
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday! I'm taking a little longer than the 8 weeks, just because I have bad knees and need to slowly work into running, but I love the way running makes me feel. Do you have a race you're training for? That is really keeping me motivated. I signed up for a 5K in April and have told everyone I know that I'm running it. I need that accountability.

Anyway, good for you! And it's so awesome that your son is doing it with you!
  • SuzanneBall
    SuzanneBall Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    There is a 5k I wanna run in December. My son who is training with me will run it as well. My oldest son (17) who is ridiculously disciplined with his eating and in great shape physically will just come run it with us for fun...ha. I am looking forward to meeting the goal with my family's support and participation!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I never heard of this so I googled it....I might actually try it (if I can find someone to watch my kids while I do it).

I don't know how old your kids are but I take my daughter to a park that has a loop. If she doesnt feel like running, she plays on the playground and I can see her the whole time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!