this feels like a lot of food...

Options
2»

Replies

• xscat
    xscat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Still trial-and-erroring... I am doing 1350~2000 a day, depending whether I like the food. I work out 5 or 6 times a week and do long walks during my rest days.

I'm out on a biz trip for 2 weeks, which means no scale, no food scale, and restaurant/premade food 3 meals a day...

It's been a week. I am curious to see how I have been doing without being super obsessive and weighing every bite I put in my mouth.... And if I gained I would try my best not to beat myself up :/

You could get this to help you while you're on your trip!! http://www.cooking.com/travel-size-electronic-food-scale-by-salter_205260_11/

lol if I pull out a food scale at a restaurant when eating with colleagues will that freak people out and make them not want to work with me the next day?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This is all helpful and great info. Hope my weight doesn't fluctuate that much... only lost like 10lbs...
    If you only lost 10 lbs, your deficit should have been set to 0.5 lbs per week - or 250 calories below maintenance. It seems like you chose a much larger deficit, though.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Well so much for worrying about not eating enough calories. I finished my first week of maintenance eating under my calorie goal for the week and the scale says I still gained 2 lbs. I don't think it was a case of underestimating what I was eating either. I'm hoping its just a scale/weight anomoly day and not a real indicator that I gain weight at 1,900 calorie in take.
    You do recover the lost water weight you experienced back when you first reduced calories. I usually replenish about 4-6 lbs of water and glycogen within the first week.
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Thanks for this! Hadn't read it before and now I'm glad I did!