30+ going to lose 100+ lbs

Options
cheekym7
cheekym7 Posts: 570 Member
Hey Im 34, single mom and I am going to lose 100+ lbs, Sure could use the friends, support and encouragement. I have no idea even where to start. So if your in the same boat please feel free to friend me and we can kick some butt together :)

Replies

• ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 31 with 130lbs to lose in total. So far I'm down 9. I would start by setting up your profile on this site and your calorie goals. Stick to them as much as possible and try to get some walking in everyday. Get a food scale and weigh everything you eat so you can log and get an accurate calories in vs out ratio. Drink lots of water!! Feel free to add me as a friend, its going to be a long road so the more friends the better!
  • fat2fit2k14
    Options
    Hey I'm 37, single mum and need to loose 100lbs! Feel free to add me although my official starting day will be 1st April as waiting for cross trainer to be delivered then I'm ready to get cracking! :)
  • pancakemix16
    pancakemix16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 with 100lbs to loose, feel free to add me.
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm not in your demographic but I still love to have friends!! :)
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am 34 and started out needing to lose 120lbs. Have lost a lot but still have a bit to go! Feel free to add me!
  • boing34
    boing34 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there I have lost 24 lbs in 8 wks was hard at first but going good now just weigh everything and really find my fitness pal great to keep me on track have got my next weigh in fri and I invested in a zumba dvd which I really enjoy doin keep me posted
  • Stonekerry
    Stonekerry Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 30+ and need to lose around 60ish pounds - please feel free to add me - the more of us the better!
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 32yr old,mom of four boys aged 8-9-9-10yrs.(married) My original goal was one year 100 lbs. i'm down 75lbs. (i started last June) Feel free to add me. As i get closer to the 100lb mark, i've changed my goals and think i may shoot for 25lbs over and above the 100lbs. This would put me at the top end of healthy for my age/height. good luck!
  • MichelleMinus100
    Options
    Hi there, I'm on my way to losing 100 pounds. I'm in my mid-40s.

For me, I wasn't able to implement all the facets of weight loss all at once. So I entered into my process, knowing I would come up against things that were harder than others. I spent months having my focus on getting enough water...then I had months of trying to eat one salad a day...I just kept working on them. Everyone is different, but for me, it truly has been a process. Two YEARS later, I'm really starting to put it all together. Of course, many people don't take that long!

Be patient with yourself, you probably have many changes to make. If you're looking for lifestyle change, it can take some time. You're worth it! And in order to make those changes LASTING, you're going to have to do the work of digging in.

So, where to start?

Are you feeling like there's a certain place that YOU CAN start? I'll list a couple places that I think a person would start:
    -getting more water
    -taking a walk
    -finding out how many calories you consume...take one week and log EVERYTHING you normally eat, don't try to "diet" or restrict anything, just evaluate where you are actually AT
    -cut back on certain foods (like refined sugars, as an example)
    -add in nutritious foods (like vegetables)

I've kept a blog for two years which has really helped me! I easily "forget" the progress I've made (because there's still so much that needs to be done) or even forget what I'm trying to focus on. So for me, journaling on my blog has helped me make the steps necessary for life change. It has also helped me truly see that I can't lose 100 pounds in a week! It's been a reality check for me! Best to you!
  • raynarayne
    raynarayne Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm. 30 and I have 170 lbs to lose :( I'm nervous but excited. Feel free to add me.
  • srr728
    srr728 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    hey there! I'm 34 and have 90 more lbs to lose --- 130lbs total

night shift worker, now addicted to gym, single
  • TheCounsel
    Options
    Hi there

i have started the weight loss programme today and intend to loose 50 pounds. I am encourged with your success and need your help and guidance.
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    35 with 100+ to lose, no kids, but crazy schedule, work 3rd shift full time, part time mornings and go to school as well. Feel free to add me.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    going on 37, and have 101lbs left to lose! welcome to add me.
  • Ladyinsilk
    Ladyinsilk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 needs to lose 130+ feel free to add me, I log my food journal every day, I believe the key to lose weight is changing our lifestyle and logging our food and water intakes, it's important to know what we are eating and not to eat randomly.
    A group of people can always achieve things better motivating each other.
    Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi there im 31 I will be 32 in May and im looking to loose 120lb in total. Feel free to add me I love to have more friends to help each other on our way.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Start with these two threads:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

You can do this! It won't always be easy, but the end result will be very worth it! When you're feeling discouraged, check out the success stories, that'll help get you going again! Best of luck to you!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    37 here.. single mom...

where to start -

First learn to use this website from tracking food to exercise. It is annoying and bothersome at first but in the end it will be your best buddy.
  • Soaringrose
    Soaringrose Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 34, married 18 years, and have 4 kiddos (14-7). This was my first week! I am starting out with loosing 100, starting weight was 271. I cant believe that I lost 11.2 lbs this first week, and hold yalls horses if you want to say something about the big weight loss, but I was seriously drinking a 2 liter of coke a day, making sweet tea and kooliad all the time, so so so ridiculous! I cut all that out, I only drink water and somtimes chrystal light added. I didnt' even like water but I knew it was something I was gonna have to get over. I just drop a half of a lemon in there and drink, drink, drink water! I am also not eating all those sweets I was making. I was eating so very bad... I got an elliptical from a friend, I can only do 5 min at a time, but thats 5 minutes more than what I was doing. I just do what ever I can here at home right now getting myself more fit and I started walking. I can only do 2 blocks. But I am not ashamed, I am going to lose this and its gonna take a little bit to get my booty in gear, but I do intervals all day long. And I love ZUMBA!!! I do that on my kiddos Kinects game. We can so do this!!!!
  • Soaringrose
    Soaringrose Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Also measure yourself!!! I started a spiral notebook beside my bed. I am only going to weight and measure once a week (Thursdays). If you go to sparkpeople.com they tell you how to measure everything and what to measure. I sure didnt know. I just googled How to take your measurements when losing weight and that was one of my choices :) Good luck and feel free to add me.