Staying motivated

I am so good at getting motivated for a short period of time. I even produce results and am so proud of myself. Then one thing can throw me off, like a meal, a bad PMS day, a few days that I don't work out, a dinner out or a commercial that gets me craving for bad foods. Before I know it, I am back up 20 lbs! I know this happens to a lot of people and that's why we end up yo-yo dieting. But there are the success stories out there where they have found that perfect way that works or the motivation to keep on trucking.

I know it's a matter of staying motivated, so I just wanted to know what keeps YOU motivated, day after day, week after week and month after month.

Thanks!

Replies

• xrmsmithx
    xrmsmithx Posts: 34 Member
    I stay motivated by remembering how great it feels to be confident in my own skin :) You can add me if you want some extra motivation!
  • monicaP413
    monicaP413 Posts: 165
    Thanks! =)
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Results - muscles popping out, areas getting smaller
    Way I feel after a tough workout - that dripping sweaty *I did it feeling
    Performance - I can tell the difference in my jump in Volleyball
    Health - not getting winded when using the stairs or walking a lot, getting good results on my Bio metric screening
    VANITY - confidence in what I'm wearing, getting compliments, have to go shopping because clothes are bagging off me, knowing swimsuit season is almost here!

All of these things and more! You're right - part of the journey is falling and not just laying there, but picking yourself up and continuing on!!!